BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Review & Playlist For WICKED COWBOY CHARM by Carolyn Brown-5*




Title: Wicked Cowboy Charm

Series: Lucky Penny Ranch #4

Author: Carolyn Brown

Genre: Cowboy Romance
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: Forever
(Jan 31, 2017)
Paperback: 336  pages
ISBN: 978-1455534968
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

ONE BLIZZARD, ONE BUNKHOUSE,
AND A WHOLE LOTTA TROUBLE . . .
Josie Dawson is new in town, but it doesn’t take a local to know that Deke Sullivan is trouble-in a smokin’ hot package. He’s sweet, sexy, and has charmed just about every woman in Dry Creek, Texas. Well, Josie won’t be next. She’ll keep her distance, even if he is great with babies and makes a mean cup of homemade hot chocolate.
Deke Sullivan really is a one-woman type of guy. He just had to do a lot of looking to find that one woman. Now he thinks he’s found her and he won’t let a strong, sassy gal like Josie slip away. Just when he’s wondering how to convince her he only has eyes for her, they get stranded in a tiny cabin during a major blizzard. If Deke can melt her heart before they dig out of the snow, he’ll be the luckiest cowboy in Texas . . . 
The Lucky Penny Ranch Series:
Wild Cowboy Ways
Hot Cowboy Nights
Merry Cowboy Christmas
Wicked Cowboy Charm

I'm always excited to see a new Carolyn Brown book coming out as I know I'll get a hot, sweet romance with lots of laughter and a host of familiar faces and some quirky new characters. This book filled these expectations and then some. Speaking of quirky, I hope we at least get a novella about Martha and Everett's romance. 
We've met Deke in other books and now it's time for him to get the girl. He's got enough charm and hotness for a dozen guys and it's so much fun watching him trying to charm the elusive Josie. Probably the first time he's ever had to work to get the girl. As always, Brown has you laughing out loud as these two circle each other. I'm always interested to read guest posts by Brown to see if she has a playlist for her characters and this book is plumb full of country's best love songs.
I read a very eclectic assortment of genres but I always enjoy a Carolyn Brown romance and wouldn't hesitate  to pick up one I'd already read and reread it if in a reading slump. 



Wicked Cowboy Charm Playlist

Little Bit of You – Chase Bryant
Die a Happy Man – Thomas Rhett
Before He Cheats – Carrie Underwood
Hush Hush – Pistol Annies
I Feel a Sin Comin' On – Pistol Annies
Boys ‘Round Here – Blake Shelton
Cowboys and Angels – Dustin Lynch
It's Five O' Clock Somewhere – Alan Jackson and Jimmy Buffett
Linda on My Mind – Conway Twitty
I'll Fly Away – Alan Jackson
Top of the World – Tim McGraw
Cotton Eye Joe – Rednex
Just to Hear You Say That You Love Me – Faith Hill
From this Moment On – Shania Twain
Tennessee Whiskey – Chris Stapleton
Everybody’s Got Somebody But Me – Hunter Hayes
Sangria – Blake Shelton
Already Callin’ You Mine – Parmalee

Just To Hear You Say That You Love Me – Faith Hill


No comments: