BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Monday, January 2, 2017

Review For RIDE A PAINTED PONY by Kathleen Eagle


Title: RIDE A PAINTED PONY
Series: Ride A Painted Pony
Author: Kathleen Eagle
Genre: Western Romance
Rating: * * * * 1/2
Publishers: Bell Bridge Books
(Sept 21, 2016)reprint from 12/1/2006
Paperback: 228 pages
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

On a dark, lonely stretch of Midwest interstate, Nick Red Shield swerves his pickup and empty horse trailer to avoid a pair of terrified eyes. They belong to a woman -- battered, bruised and barely conscious -- in desperate need of a lift. 
Lauren Davis grew up in the high-stakes world of horse racing, a world that took her to fame as a jockey and into a relationship with a dangerous high roller. Life with Raymond Vargas has turned deadly, forcing her on the run, but she can't abandon her son, and now she'll do anything to get him back safe. 
While Nick's instincts as a loner kick into high gear, Lauren's vulnerability tugs at him in ways he'd shut down long ago. A man more comfortable with horses than people, unable to make peace with a past that's left him scarred, Nick's not sure about secretive Lauren. But he can't just leave her. And he really doesn't want her to go. 
In the safe haven of his South Dakota ranch, among the magnificent painted horses of Western legend, a bond of trust, truth and passion becomes a lifeline for them both. But soon the danger that shadows Lauren's life and her desperate attempt to save her son will force Nick to confront his own demons. Only then can he fight to save Lauren from hers.

While I throughly enjoyed this contemporary western romance, I was pretty sure I recognized both the title and author. I personally think ALL reprints of earlier works should have to be noted on the book cover. Nothing pisses me off more than to dole out my hard earned money for a book that I've previously read. That said, this was an awesome read that I loved. I enjoyed the suspense and the mythology of he painted ponies. The book moved along at a pretty fast pace and other than the ending not showing us what happened rather being told by a character what happen, completely satisfied me. 


Kathleen Eagle is an award-winning writer whose books have been critical and commercial successes. Married to a Lakota Sioux, she often writes of the issues facing Native Americans today with a knowledgeable and deft touch. She lives with her husband in Minnesota.

No comments: