BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Monday, January 2, 2017

Review For DON'T SAY A WORD by Jennifer Jaynes 5*

Title: Don't Say A Word

Series: Strangers #3
Author: Jennifer Jaynes
Genre: Mystery/Suspense
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: Thomas & Mercer
(May 3, 2016)
Paperback: 256 pages
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

Death has always stalked single mother Allie Callahan. For the first time in her life, she has found a fragile sort of happiness living a quiet, peaceful existence in East Texas with her young son, Sammy, and her adoptive mother. Still, Allie fears she may be susceptible to the same mental illness that destroyed her serial-killer mother and brother. She's haunted by the idea that she could become incapable of caring for Sammy. When twelve-year-old twins Zoe and Carrie arrive on her doorstep late one night, their parents slain in a vicious double homicide, Allie’s strength and sanity are put to the test. What did the twins see on the night of their parents’ horrific murder? They are too frightened to say. Soon faced with a series of menacing phone calls, a rising body count, and the pressure of keeping the girls and her own son safe, Allie fears she'll lose her mind—and her one shot at happiness—once and for all.
This book was all you could want in a murder/suspense and then some. It had the best twisty ending that I've read in ages. This is one of those books that even if laid down, it's constantly on your mind. I didn't realize that this was book 3  in a trilogy until writing the review so it can definitely stand by itself. Now though, I get to go back and read the first two books in the series. 

(To receive book updates, please subscribe at www.ProjectJennifer.com.)
I'm a novelist, wife and mommy to the most wonderful twin four-year-olds on the planet.
While earning my bachelor's degree in Health Sciences at Old Dominion University and a certificate from the Institute for Integrative Nutrition, I did a little bit of everything to pay the bills. I've been a gas station attendant, waitress, a dancing waitress, beer girl, shot girl, bartender, closing coordinator, executive assistant, medical assistant, EMT, content manager, webmaster, news publisher, editor, copywriter, weight loss coach and publishing consultant.
However, through it all, what I really wanted to be was a novelist.
It's been a very long, and sometimes difficult road, but in 2011, I finally began living my dream with the release of my debut thriller, Never Smile at Strangers. To date, Never Smile at Strangers has earned a place on the USA Today Bestseller's list, the #1 spot (across all categories) in the Barnes & Noble's Nook Store, has graced the Top 5 in the mystery/suspense category in the Kindle Store multiple times, and has appeared in the Top 25 in the Kindle Store (across all categories).
In 2014, Thomas & Mercer acquired the rights to Never Smile at Strangers and re-released it January 2015. They also bought the rights to my second novel, Ugly Young Thing, that released in March 2015.

I LOVE to connect with my readers. You can find me at www.ProjectJennifer.com, www.Facebook.com/NeverSmileatStrangers and www.Twitter.com/jenniferjaynes7.


No comments: