BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Friday, October 13, 2017

Review For SUMMER ON FIREFLY LAKE By Jen Gilroy-5*


Title: Summer On Firefly Lake
Series: Firefly Lake #2
Author: Jen Gilroy
Genre: Women's Fiction
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: Forever
(July 25, 2017)
Paperback: 368 pages
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

Sometimes love is better the second time around. . . 

Mia Gibbs spent her marriage putting her husband's needs before her own. And now, after a painful divorce, she's building a new life for herself and her two daughters back home at Firefly Lake. The last thing she needs is a man to complicate things. But former bad boy turned friend Nick McGuire-and the one kiss they've shared-has turned everything upside down . . .

Attorney Nick McGuire wasn't meant to be a family man. His career has always been his focus and after taking time out to help his mother, he's ready to get back to the city . . . until Mia and her daughters arrive at Firefly Lake. Mia is beautiful and intriguing, and it doesn't take long to realize being "just friends" will never be enough. As the summer nights turn colder, Nick will have to choose between the life he's always wanted . . . and the woman he can't live without.


I love second chance romances and if ever someone deserved a second chance at love it was Mia. Oh, and I just loved seeing Nick change his mind about his future and what makes life worth living. Mia was married to a man that no one deserves. And it was pretty sweet to see her grow and realize that she deserved a better life. Though this was a great book to pile up in a hammock and read this summer, it's the type you'll enjoy anytime. As you know, if you've read any of my reviews, I hate multiple POVs. The POVs are changed with each chapter so they are less jolting than general. I enjoyed visiting Firefly Lake again and though this is part of a series, it'll definitely stand alone. So pile up and enjoy a great read. 

Jen Gilroy grew up under the big sky of western Canada. After many years in England, she now lives in a small town in eastern Ontario where her Irish ancestors settled in the nineteenth century. She's worked in higher education and international marketing but, after spending too much time in airports and away from her family, traded the 9-5 to write contemporary romance to bring readers' hearts home. 

A small-town girl at heart, Jen likes ice cream, diners, vintage style and all things country. Her husband, Tech Guy, is her real-life romance hero, and her teen daughter, English Rose, teaches her to cherish the blessings in the everyday.

Find out more about Jen via her website, www.jengilroy.com, or connect with her on Twitter (@JenGilroy1) or Facebook (http://facebook.com/JenGilroyAuthor)



1 comment:

Susanna Bavin said...

I enjoyed your review of Summer on Firefly Lake. I read it a few weeks ago and loved it. I'm interested to see that you generally don't care for multiple POV books. I think the multiple POVs is one of the strengths of this book. I enjoyed exploring Nick's thoughts and feelings, which helped his growth as a character; likewise Gabrielle. I thought Mia made a wonderful main character, especially having previously met her in the first book in the series.