BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Thursday, October 12, 2017

Review For AMISH CHRISTMAS TWINS By Patricia Davids


Title: Amish Christmas Twins
Series: Christmas Twins #1
Author: Patricia Davids
Genre: Holiday Romance
Rating: * * * * *                         
Publishers: Love Inspired/Harlequin
(Sept 19, 2017)
Paperback: 224 pages
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

The Widower's Christmas Wish 
With Christmas just around the corner, widow Willa Chase will do anything to retain custody of her twin girls and unborn baby—even if it means escaping to her childhood Amish home. After her grandfather turns her away, Willa finds herself stranded at the home of blacksmith John Miller. A widower, John buries himself in work—until Willa's vibrant twins become impossible to ignore. And before long, John is smitten with their beautiful mother, too. But when Willa's past secrets are revealed, will they prevent John's Christmas wish for a happily-ever-after from coming true?
Look for 6 new titles from Love Inspired every month!
Love Inspired: Contemporary romances… stories of faith, forgiveness and love that have the power to lift spirits and change lives.

A super sweet Christmas story that combines several of my loves- kids (twins no less), Christmas and the Amish. I love getting that peek behind the Amish curtain and seeing a fair amount of the Amish culture.
There's just enough of a mystery here that combined with the typical Scrooge to set the book above the average Christmas stories that are being released right now. A very quick read that I easily finished in one seating.

I was born and raised in Northcentral Kansas. I'm a farmer's daughter, but I now make my home in the city of Wichita. I'm an RN. Neonatal nursing has been the main focus of my career. What can I say? I love babies. I was invited to the highschool graduation of a baby I took care of. Talk about making me feel old!

In June of 2011 I became a widow after my husband of 36 years and 11 months died from multiple brain tumors. It was a very sad time, but thanks to the three f's, my faith, my family and my friends, life is moving forward. I have four brothers, one daughter and two grandchildren who all work at making me feel loved.

I'm the author of more than 30 books and I'm currently writing a series called The Brides of Amish Country for Love Inspired.

No comments: