BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Friday, October 13, 2017

Review For SNARED By Jennifer Estep-5*



Title: Snared
Series: Elemental Assassin #16
Author: Jennifer Estep
Genre: Urban Fantasy
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: Pocket Books
(Apr 25, 2017)
Paperback: 384 pages
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

The sixteenth book in the New York Times bestselling Elemental Assassin urban fantasy series that RT Book Reviews calls, “An extraordinary series…[containing] one of the most intriguing heroines in the genre.”

If you don’t know Gin “the Spider” Blanco, you don’t know dangerous female heroines.
Irony 101—The Spider herself snared in someone else’s web…
Another week, another few clues trickling in about the Circle, the mysterious group that supposedly runs the city’s underworld. Gathering intel on my hidden enemies is a painstaking process, but a more immediate mystery has popped up on my radar: a missing girl.
My search for the girl begins on the mean streets of Ashland, but with all the killers and crooks in this city, I’m not holding out much hope that she’s still alive.
A series of clues leads me down an increasingly dark, dangerous path, and I realize that the missing girl is really just the first thread in this web of evil. As an assassin, I’m used to facing down the worst of the worst, but nothing prepares me for this new, terrifying enemy—one who strikes from the shadows and is determined to make me the next victim.


Elemental Assassin Series
1. Spider's Bite (2010)
2. Web of Lies (2010)
3. Venom (2010)
4. Tangled Threads (2011)
5. Spider's Revenge (2011)
5.5. Thread of Death (2012)
6. By a Thread (2012)
7. Widow's Web (2012)
8. Deadly Sting (2013)
8.5. Kiss of Venom (2013)
8.25. Parlor Tricks (2013)
9. Heart of Venom (2013)
10. The Spider (2013)
11. Poison Promise (2014)
12. Black Widow (2014)
13. Spider's Trap (2015)
14. Bitter Bite (2016)
14.5. Unwanted (2016)
15. Unraveled (2016)
15.5. Nice Guys Bite (2016)
16. Snared (2017)
Parlor tricks (2013) (in Carniepunk)

This is one of my most favorite on-going Urban Fantasies at book number 16. The excitement is always there when I hear that there is another one due for release and I nearly always devour it in one sitting. I think I'm especially fond of the later books as they have a lot more backstory in them. This occurs through Gin's flashbacks. This is a series that must be read in order to appreciate the subtle changes in Gin. The growth that she has made from a vicious assassin to a more caring sister and lover (though still an assassin) has been fun to watch. It's rather like peeling back the layers on an onion. I do wish that there was a bit more involvement with Owen in the story-line rather than just a helping hand in Gin's latest escapade. I know that the books where Finn was more of a major character than a secondary one were much more interesting. If you've not read any of this series and love action packed Urban Fantasy, you are really missing the ride of a lifetime. As a lover of series binge reading or TV watching, I almost wish I had this series in front of me to indulge in.

No comments: