BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Friday, March 31, 2017

Review For THIRD BASE by Heidi McLaughlin-3 1/2*


Title: THIRD BASE

Series: The Boys of Summer, #1
Author: Heidi McLaughlin
Genre: New Adult Sports  Romance
Rating: * * * 1/2
Publishers: Forever
(Apr 4, 2017)
Originally Published Nov 4, 2015
Paperback: 272 pages
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

Ethan Davenport is already Boston's most eligible bachelor. In his second season with the Boston Renegades he has set his eyes on the girl behind the visitors' dugout.
That girl is Daisy Robinson, a journalism student at the University of Boston and a die-hard Renegades fan.
But with new found love comes challenges and Ethan and Daisy have to deal with his crazy schedule, school finals and his presence on her campus for some much needed media training.
For Ethan nothing can come between him and Daisy, until a secret that she's been keeping threatens to destroy them both.

I love a good sports romance. As an avid follower of the San Francisco Giants, their top pitcher, Madison Bumgarner (MadBum) grew up in our hometown and went to school with my youngest, I'm always looking for this type of book. I especially like that the book is from Ethan's POV as most romances are from the female's POV, even though I didn't much like him. He was a jerk most of the time but he was funny. I can't imagine being attracted to someone like this even in my early dumb twenties and I loved someone who could make you laugh. Because of this it took me awhile to get into this book. 
The sports story more than the romance is what kept me reading. One other thing I didn't like as a reader was finding out that this book had been previously released in 2015. In my opinion, all reprints should have to mention this on the front cover. Nothing pisses me off more than to buy a book and find out half way through it, that I've already read it and paid for it again. 
This was a quick read but really just an okay read- nothing special.

No comments: