BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Sunday, January 9, 2011

Tsunami Blue by Gayle Ann Williams

Title: Tsunami Blue
Author: Gayle Ann Williams
Genre: Post-apocalyptic
Rating: * * * *
Publishers Date: 3/30/10
Paperback: 290 pages
Publisher: Love Spell
ISBN: 0505528215
FTC Disclosure: Won in Contest from Author
NO SAFE HARBOR
With her badass rain boots, her faithful dog, and the ability to predict the monster tsunamis that have reduced the US to a series of islands, Kathryn O’Malley isn’t afraid of much. Cut off from all society, she takes to the airwaves as Tsunami Blue, hoping to save something of humanity as the world around her crumbles. But Blue should be afraid—because her message reaches the wrong ears.
Now she’s the target of ruthless pirates known as Runners who want to use her special talents for their own profiteering—as soon as they can find her. Blue’s only shot at survival lies with the naked stranger who washes up on her rocky beach. A man who might just be working for Runners himself. Torn between suspicion and attraction, the two will have to navigate a surging tide of danger and deceit if they hope to stay alive.


A simply awesome tale that captured me on page one and held on tight till I closed the cover several hours later. I loved the world building by Williams and her characters, main and secondary, were fun and totally believable. She obviously knows how the minds of young mischievous boys work. As a debut author she totally blew me away with the descriptions of places. They were vivid in my mind for hours. You could feel the hopelessness and fear of her characters while yet an underlying possibility that Earth would survive these terrible tsunamis. I’m not sure if this is a standalone or there will be more adventures of Blue and her pirates. I sincerely hope so as this world was too fascinating and exciting  to get only one visit.


Gayle Ann Williams lives on a small island off the coast of Washington in the amazing, beautiful, wet Pacific Northwest. Growing up in a small, cowboy town of Eastern Washington, and after numerous visits to Seattle during her college years, Gayle fell in love with the ocean. Trading her spurs for a sea kayak, she left her Rodeo Queen roots behind (yes, she really was a Rodeo Queen) and moved to the "rainy" country. For a time she lived on a sailboat and to this day she thinks sailing throughout the San Juan Islands and the Canadian Gulf Islands was one of the best experiences of her life.

1 comment:

Monica said...

Thanks for the review! I haven't heard of this before but it actually sounds pretty cool! Definitely a new concept!

Monica