BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Monday, January 10, 2011

Sins of the Flesh by Caridad Pineiro

Title: Caridad Pineiro
Author: Sins of the Flesh
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers Date: 10/27/09
Paperback: 336  pages
Publisher: Forever
ISBN: 0446543837
FTC Disclosure: Bought by Me

Caterina Shaw's days are numbered. Her only chance for survival is a highly experimental gene treatment -- a risk she willingly takes. But now Caterina barely recognizes herself. She has new, terrifying powers, an exotic, arresting body -- and she's been accused of a savage murder, sending her on the run. 
— Mick Carrera is a mercenary and an expert at capturing elusive, clever prey. Yet the woman he's hunting down is far from the vicious killer he's been told to expect: Caterina is wounded, vulnerable, and a startling mystery of medical science. Even more, she's a beautiful woman whose innocent sensuality tempts Mick to show her exactly how thrilling pleasure can be. The heat that builds between them is irresistible, but surrendering to it could kill them both . . . for a dangerous group is plotting its next move using Caterina as its deadly pawn.


This story was definitely a horse of a different color. It was a magnificent read that kept me up all night flipping pages. The characters were fabulous and the plot was ingenious. I love reading paranormal romance and this was PR at it's best. There was a great mystery, romance and a dark twisty plot that was executed perfectly. Pineiro balances these to create a super read that had me immediately going to Amazon to order "Stronger Than Sin", the next book in this series.

Caterina is dying from a brain tumor and has little time left so she did what anyone would, turned to experimental therapy.  Little did she realize that there was a  bigger threat  from those who were supposed to be helping her than the growth in her brain. Pineiro draws out the suspense in this story expertly and after hooking me from page one, I never looked back.
    


 Sins

1. Sins of the Flesh

2. Stronger Than Sin

2 comments:

Caridad Pineiro said...

Thank you so much, Lisa. I'm so glad you enjoyed it. The SINS series continues in August 2011 with THE LOST. It's going to get darker and have more paranormal elements, but you'll still see more of the Carreras in the story. Thanks again!

Unknown said...

I actually read this back in the fall. Not bad. Not in my usual reading habits, but I've been reading outside my comfort zone for a couple years now. I may give the next book in the series a try some time.