BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Saturday, January 8, 2011

Beyond the Night by Joss Ware

Title: Beyond the Night
Author: Joss Ware
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: * * * *
Publishers Date: 1/12/2010
Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Avon
ISBN: 0061734012
FTC Disclosure: Mine

A man with no future . . . 
When Dr. Elliott Drake wakes from a mysterious fifty-year sleep, the world as he knew it is gone. Cities are now desolate, and civilization is controlled by deadly immortals. Stranger still is Elliott's extraordinary new "gift" - he has the power to heal, but it comes with fatal consequences. 
A woman with a past . . . 
Jade barely escaped the immortals and is now hell-bent on revenge. She trusts no one . . . until Elliott. His piercing gaze and tempting touch shatter her defenses, but the handsome doctor seems to have dangerous secrets of his own. Is it safe to trust him with her heart? 
If they are to survive in this dark new world, Jade and Elliott must work together to fight the forces that take them beyond danger. 
Beyond desire.

I throughly enjoyed this book. I was lucky enough to have the first three in the series to read back to back which made it that much more enjoyable. 



BTN was action packed from page one. You get introduced to the gangas (zombies) and the five main characters who have slept for the last 50 years missing the total destruction of the world. I love Ware's descriptions of the new settlements that have developed after the near total annihilation of the human population in this post-apocalyptic world.  This book centers mainly on Dred or Dr Elliott  Drake. He has awaken with an amazing gift of healing although there is definitely a bad side effect to this power. The emotional struggles that Dred goes through are nearly as intense as the action in this book. Once you start it you will be unable to put it down. Luckily I had the next book so was primed to jump right back into the action without a missed beat.




The Envy Chronicles
Beyond the Night (2010)
Embrace the Night Eternal (2010)
Abandon the Night (2010)
Night Betrayed (Jan 25, 2011)

No comments: