BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Saturday, January 8, 2011

Embrace the Night Eternal by Joss Ware


Title: Embrace the Night Eternal
Author: Joss Ware
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: * * * *
Publishers Date: 2/09/2010
Paperback: 384 pages
Publisher: Avon
ISBN: 0061734020
FTC Disclosure: Mine


Everything they knew is gone.

From the raging fires, five men emerge with extraordinary new powers. They must learn how to survive this dark, ravaged world . . . but they cannot do it alone.

Simon Japp will never forget his violent past. But when civilization is all but destroyed, he sees his chance for redemption. Blessed with a strange "gift," he's determined to help the resistance against the Strangers, the mysterious force that stalks them at every turn. He can't afford to get distracted, even by the stunning, soft-spoken woman fighting by his side . . . Sage Corrigan has learned to be careful where she places her trust. But she sees something good in Simon, even if he can't see it in himself. Posing as lovers to infiltrate a group key to their fight, they find that their staged affection soon develops into a desire that will leave them fighting for their lives in the night eternal . . .

In case you didn't know, this fabulous series was written by Colleen Gleason who wrote another fabulous series the "Gardella Vampire Chronicles". That series was one of my top 5 series about Vampires, possibly because it was set during the 1820's in London. Ware's(Gleason's) ability to make this post-apocalyptic world come to life is  almost as fascinating as Simon's gift, the power of invisibility, which is a paranormal power I've been dying to see used in a book. You learn a little more about the Strangers in this book, just enough to keep you from laying the book down. As  romance flourishes between Simon and Sage, the action builds to yet another satisfying  conclusion. I loved that the romance was not predictable and was totally fascinated by a separate group of people who were trying to repopulate this new dark and scary world.  It definitely makes you wonder on which side of the table you would be on if you had been one of the small handful of people to survive.  With only one more book to read until the 4th book comes out in January of 2011, I'm already dreading that long wait. If you've read book one, you are going to totally love this one. If you haven't, get them NOW! How often does a writer have a new series come out with only a month's wait between books? Ah, never!




The Envy Chronicles
Beyond the Night (2010)
Embrace the Night Eternal (2010)
Abandon the Night (2010)
Night Betrayed (Jan 25, 2011)


No comments: