BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Ill Wind (Weather Warden, Book 1) by Rachel Caine






Ill Wind (Weather Warden, Book 1) 


by Rachel Caine


Edition: Mass Market Paperback
Rating * * *
Rrview Date 12/9/2009

"Joanne Baldwin is a weather warden, who can control the weather and keep it from being more chaotic and destructive than it already is. She is on the run, though, for she is accused of killing a senior warden, which she did, sort of: a thread of corruption runs through some of the most powerful wardens, one of which put a Demon Mark on her and then died. Her only hope now is to get a djinn from her old friend Lewis, who stole three of them^B from the council of the wardens many years ago. As she runs, she picks up a hitchhiker who knows things an ordinary person wouldn't, and who offers help. With djinns and other wardens, including those sent to arrest her, all giving her conflicting information, Joanne never quite knows whom to trust in this romantic escapist romp rife with danger, excitement, and even classic cars."
I enjoyed this book(but didn't love it) and plan on reading the rest of the series. There was a lot of info in the storyline about weather that was a bit overwhelming which is why I only gave it a three star rating. I'm hoping there will be more interaction of the characters in the next book as a lot of the groundwork is laid in this book. The characters were just that, characters in a book, they just never felt quite real to me. I'm all for the science as long as it doesn't take over the whole story which it was very close to doing in this book.I wasn't exactly disappointed but until I read a few more in this series, I'm not sure if I would recommend it as a great series. It did have rather a twist at the end that made me decide to give the series another shot.

Weather Warden


1. Ill Wind (2003)






4. Windfall (2005)




6. Thin Air (2007)






No comments: