BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Wednesday, January 13, 2010

The Time Traveler's Wife By Audrey Niffenegger






The Time Traveler's Wife
The Time Traveler's Wife
Author: Audrey Niffenegger
Book Type: Paperback
Rating* * * * *
Review Date: 6/16/2009

"This extraordinary, magical novel is the story of Clare and Henry who have known each other since Clare was six and Henry was thirty-six, and were married when Clare was twenty-two and Henry thirty. Impossible but true, because Henry is one of the first people diagnosed with Chrono-Displacement Disorder: periodically his genetic clock resets and he finds himself pulled suddenly into his past or future. His disappearances are spontaneous and his experiences are alternately harrowing and amusing. The Time Traveler's Wife depicts the effects of time travel on Henry and Clare's passionate love for each other with grace and humour. Their struggle to lead normal lives in the face of a force they can neither prevent nor control is intensely moving and entirely unforgettable." 
I absolutely loved this book. Even though I read nearly 5 years ago, it still remains in my mind. My daughter brought it on a family beach trip and once I picked it up we fought over who was going to read it. My daughter in law also read it this week and she gave it to her mom and sister to read. Needless to say we all loved it. While sometimes a love story, I laughed and cried numerous times through out the book. I only hope that the movie will be half as good as the book was. I look forward to rereading it as soon as I see the movie.

2 comments:

Leanne said...

I've been wanting to read this ever since I saw the movie. I hope to have time eventually!

Life's Simple Pleasures said...

I have watched the movie but never read the book. It sounds really cool though. I think it will be fun to read how she explains the feelings they went through as a result of the time traveling

reviewsbyabby at gmail dot com