BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Sunday, August 1, 2010

Vamps by Nancy A. Collins


Title: Vamps
Author: Nancy A Collins
Genre: YA
Rating: * * * *
Publish Date: July 22, 2008
Paperback: 256 pages
Publisher: HarperTeen
ISBN: 0061349178
FTC Disclosure: Mine

When the sun goes down, New York's true elite all head to one place: Bathory Academy, where the young ladies of the finest vampire families are trained in shapeshifting and luring their prey.
Bathory's reigning queen, Lilith Todd, is the daughter of a powerful vampire businessman, and she knows exactly what she wants from life. She wants to look beautiful for eternity and party till the sun comes up with her gorgeous boyfriend, Jules. And she doesn't want any New Blood upstarts standing in her way.
Enter Cally Monture, an unexpected threat from a trash zip code. When their first meeting leads to tragic results, Lilith is hungry for revenge.

This was a totally fun read. It was quick and action packed. It really  seemed as though I spent hardly any time reading it. I loved the world that Collins developed and the only draw back I had at all was that there were only three books out in this series. Have done quite a bit of checking and only saw one fan site that said there might be a book 4. The girls in the Academy reminded me a lot of the 90210 group. A lot of petty girl stuff that I usually  don't like but really worked in this book.

Vamps
1. Vamps (2008)

1 comment:

Darlyn said...

Cool.Is this actually a series? So I would have another series to collect after this. Nice review ;p