BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Sunday, February 7, 2016

Review-Freak of Nature by Julia Crane-5 *

Title: Freak of Nature
Series: IFICS #1
Author: Julia Crane
Genre: Sci-Fi
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: Valknut Press 
(Feb 2, 2013)
Paperback: 284 pages
ISBN: 978-1624110245
FTC Disclosure: Purchased from Amazon

Donate Body to Science. Check.

When seventeen-year-old Kaitlyn checked the box, she never suspected she’d have her life–and her body–stolen from her. She awakens one day in a secret laboratory to discover that her body is now half-robot and is forced to hide her own secret: that she still has human emotions and a human mind. If the scientists who made her find out, they’ll erase what remains of who she was.

Kaitlyn finds an unlikely ally in Lucas, a handsome, brilliant scientist who can’t get over the guilt he feels knowing she was once a vibrant, beautiful young woman. He never expected a science project to affect him the way she does. As he tries to help her rediscover her past, he finds himself falling for the brave girl struggling to find her place and acceptance between the human and computer worlds.


 I've got to admit, the cover was what originally drew me to this book. The whole possibility of your body becoming part cyborg and you still having human emotions, I find especially horrifying. Makes you stop and think a bit longer about donating your body to science. This is a very fast paced read and thankfully I have book two read to jump into. 




*For mature teens due to some sexual content.
IFICS Series
1. Freak of Nature (2013)
2. Fractured Innocence (2014)

3. Fatal Abduction (2014)

No comments: