BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Title: The Shop of Shades and Secrets
Author: Colleen Gleason
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: * * *
Publishers: Colleen Gleason, Inc
(May 3, 2011)
Paperback: 254 pages
ISBN: 978-0615485881
FTC Disclosure: Book that I bought

When Fiona Murphy inherits a small antiques shop from an old man she met only once, she's filled with surprise, confusion and delight and a little bit of terror at having a new responsibility in a life she prefers to be free and easy. As she takes over ownership of the quaint shop, odd things begin to happen. Lights come on and off by themselves, even when they are unplugged and there is a chilly breeze accompanied by the scent of roses even when the windows are closed. H. Gideon Nath, III, is the stiff and oh-so-proper attorney who helps settle Fiona's inheritance, and despite her flightiness and fascination with all things New Age, he finds himself attracted to her against his better judgment. After she finds an unpleasant surprise in one of the shop's closets, scares off an intruder in the store, and uses her skill at palmistry to read Gideon's future--of which she seems to be a part--Fiona begins to realize that her free and easy life is about to change whether she wants it to or not.

First of all let me say, I loved Gleason's Gardella Vampire series. This book, not so much. It wasn't bad, I read it pretty much in one sitting. But it was just okay. I knew who the "bad guy" was pretty much from the start although I kept telling myself that it was so obvious that there would end up being a surprise twist at the end. Nope, no surprise. I did like the feisty Fiona and Gideon wasn't too bad either but the story just didn't  do much for me. While I wouldn't rush out and buy a copy, if you like what was more of a Gothic romance, check it out at the library. If you want to read some really awesome Gleason books check out her Gardella Vampire series. I so loved them and their Victorian setting. I did read that these had been updated for new release but I thought they were pretty durn perfect in their original form.

No comments: