BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Sunday, March 8, 2015

Review- Meet Me at the Beach by V.K. Sykes-4*

Title: Meet Me at the Beach
Series: Seaside Bay #1
Author: VK Sykes
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: * * * *
Publishers: Forever
(Feb 24, 2015)
Paperback: 384 pages
ISBN: 978-1455552511
FTC Disclosure: Provided by  GoodReads in exchange for an honest review.

YOU CAN'T STOP A RISING TIDE
When Lily Doyle spots her high school crush Aiden Flynn on the inbound ferry, she knows trouble is about to dock in Seashell Bay. And not just because he's more handsome than ever. If Aiden's in town, the rumors must be true about his family's plan to sell their coastal land to the highest bidder. But Lily will do whatever it takes to convince the hottest guy on the beach to protect their idyllic island home.

Gorgeous Lily Doyle was the only thing Aiden missed after he escaped from his hometown to play pro baseball. Now all Aiden wants is to wrap up the business deal and get back to his life, not relive a past that still haunts him. But as memories rush in about the night of passion he and Lily shared long ago, everything else washes right out to sea-everything except the desire that still burns between them.


Just the book to make me forget that it was 20 outside and that they are calling for freezing rain yet again. Instead of thinking about the fact that I  really need to carry in yet another load of wood for the wood-stove, I'm piled up next to it pretending that the radiant heat is from the summer sun and I have a frosty margarita in my hand instead of a cup of coffee. 
I love second chance romances so throw in the beach (although as a girl used to the sandy southern beaches can the seashore in Maine count as a beach?)and you've got a recipe for several hours of utter bliss. This story has a lot of heartfelt emotion dealing with walking away from your home and giving up land that has been in your family for generations while balancing what is best for you and your family.
The possible loss of his beloved baseball career and the possibility of rekindling the missed romance that he's never quite forgotten makes
Aiden's trip back home full of pitfalls and promise.
This was a very satisfying read that I enjoyed right up till I had to stop and toss wood in the stove. Going to carry this copy to the beach this summer and share it with other family members who can enjoy it at the beach and where we'll no doubt pity those at the "beaches" in Maine while baking in the sun and kicking up the sand in Myrtle Beach.

No comments: