BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Live to Tell by Wendy Corsi Staub

Live to Tell
Author: Wendy Corsi Staub
Genre:Suspense/Thriller
Rating:* * * *
Review Date : 6/8/10
Paperback: 400 pages
Publisher: Avon (February 23, 2010)
ISBN-10: 0061895067
FTC Disclosure: Bought
Secrets can scandalize . . .
In a lovely suburban town just north of New York City, the gossip mill runs more efficiently than the commuter-train line. And in every impeccably decorated house, they're talking about Lauren Walsh. They say that nothing could be worse than being abandoned by your husband for another woman. They're wrong . . .
Secrets can shock . . .
All Lauren wants is to protect her children from the pain of her messy divorce. But when their father goes missing, a case of mistaken identity puts all their lives in danger, and a stealthy predator lurks in the shadows, watching . . . waiting . . .
Secrets can kill . . .
Lauren is about to uncover an unfathomable truth—a truth this cold-blooded mastermind would never let her live to tell . . .


I throughly enjoyed this book. While not actually listed as a series, this is actually the follow-up to "Dying Breath". I've not read it yet, but if it's half as edge of your seat as "Live to Tell" , I'm in for another treat. I started this book late Sunday afternoon and sat up till I finished it. I absolutely could not lay it down. There are several storylines going on at the same time, but they manage to intermingle just enough to give you a hint of the secrets and maneuvering going on behind the scenes. You see Lauren desperately trying to resume life when her husband dumps her for another woman. Oh, if only the secrets in her marriage were the only thing she had to protect her kids from.    





Dying Breath (2008)
Live to Tell (2010)

Scared to Death (2010)








No comments: