BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Saturday, June 19, 2010

Board Books For Babies

"Children are made readers on the laps of their parents" 

     (Emilie Buchwald)















I received a baby shower invitation a while back and was tickled that one of the items that the givers of the shower requested was that we bring a favorite children's book to help fill the new arrival's bookcase. Well, as you can see, I was unable to pick just one. And what was so wonderful is that Barnes and Nobles carries so many children's books as board books. Great for little ones to handle.
If you read one of my earlier posts you know that "Go, Dog, Go!" was my youngest son's favorite and of course I had to include my daughter's favorite, "Stellaluna". If you've never read or heard the story of Stellaluna especially if you have a young child in the family, you owe it to them to get this book right away. 
My daughter used to check this book out at least once a month at school because she loved it so much. It's the story of a baby fruit-bat that gets seperated from it's mother and the lessons she learns about friendship. 
It's a wonderful story that little ones never get tired of hearing, over and over. When my daughter's school had a book fair, we were encouraged to donate a book to the school library. Well, every year for 5 years we bought the same book and donated it. Yep, you got it, "Stellaluna". As my daughter said, "Now, Momma more than one of us can get "Stellaluna" at the same time.

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

My kids had me read "Are you my mother?" until they could say it along with me. I still love the book, which says a lot about how good it is. :)