BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, February 28, 2017

Release Day Blitz/ Q & A For IF THE DUKE DEMANDS by Anna Harrington


Title: If The Duke Demands

Series: Capturing The Carlisles
Author: Anna Harrington
Genre: Regency Romance
Rating: 
Publishers: Forever
(Feb 28, 2017)
Paperback: 368 pages
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

A LESSON IN SEDUCTION . . .

Miranda Hodgkins has only ever wanted one thing: to marry Robert Carlisle. And she simply can't wait a moment longer. During the Carlisle family masquerade ball, Miranda boldly sneaks into his bedchamber with seduction on her mind. Soon she's swept into rock-hard arms for the most breathtaking kiss of her life. But when the masks come off, she's horrified to find herself face-to-face with Sebastian, the Duke of Trent-Robert's formidable older brother.
Shocked to find Miranda in his bed, Sebastian quickly offers her a deal to avoid scandal: He'll help her win his brother's heart if she'll find him the perfect wife. But what begins as a simple negotiation soon spirals out of control. For the longer this reformed rake tries to make a match for Miranda, the more he wants to keep her all to himself.

QUICK FIRE INTERVIEW:
Twitter or Facebook? 
Facebook

Favorite Superhero?
Spiderman (I’m old school)

Favorite TV show? 
Buffy the Vampire Slayer

Sweet or Salty? 
Sweet! Preferably involving chocolate

Coke or Pepsi? 
Coke

Any Phobias? 
None (thank goodness!)

Song you can’t get enough of right now? 
Hey Louis Prima by Brian Setzer

Who is your ultimate Book Boyfriend? 
George Knightley from Emma

What are you reading right now or what’s on your TBR? 
Lisa Kleypas’s Again the Magic

2017 Movie you’re most looking forward to? 
 Beauty and the Beast
(me too!) 

Was there anything you wanted to add or had to eliminate from the story? What was it and why? 
I originally had a chapter in IF THE DUKE DEMANDS in which Miranda falls into a duck pond in Hyde Park and Sebastian rescues her…only to end up soaked in two feet of water with a reed sticking off his head! They antagonize each other for the rest of the scene, all the way back to the townhouse, where he accidentally glimpses her undressing. It was removed in the rewrites because it didn’t fit the rising action and was too much physical attraction and not enough emotional attraction. But I love the rapid back and forth in that chapter, how they know exactly how to get under each other’s skin, and the simmering sexual tension underlying all of it.

What is the heartbeat of your new novel?
That love sneaks up on us when—and with whom—we least expect it. Miranda has always been in love with Robert Carlisle and somewhat terrified of his imposing older brother Sebastian, Duke of Trent. But when she gets to know the man beneath the title, she realizes that she’s been in love with the wrong Carlisle brother all along. But in order to save her heart, she has to make him realize that he’s more than a duke, that he’s simply a man worthy of her love.

If you found a genie, what would be your three wishes?
To find my true love, to be able to move to England and have a cute little flat in Mayfair, and to never run out of ideas for new novels.

What do you hope readers will take away from reading this book?
I only hope they have fun. I fell in love with Sebastian while writing this book, and Miranda is a part of every woman who wants to live life to the fullest and find her true love in her best friend. I hope readers enjoy the humor and the sense of energy, the special family relationships that the Carlisles all share, and the slow unfolding of love as the two move from bewilderment, to wonderment, and finally to acceptance of love. (And that they laugh over my shamelessly dirty joke about Mozart’s opera and a very uncomfortable conversation Sebastian has with his mother about how he and his siblings arrived in the world.)

Tell us seven things we may not know about your writing life...

  1. I keep a notebook and pen beside my bed in case I wake up in the middle of the night with a good idea. (I’ll never remember it when I fall back asleep.)
  2. I’ve worn out one computer per year for the last three years…the keys keep falling off, starting with the backspace key.
  3. My favorite part of writing is revising (I am such a nerd!)
  4. Whenever I think of an idea for a new book, I start by envisioning the house where the story is set, then create the characters and plot from there. I’m a would-be architect and house historian, deeply affected by a sense of place.
  5. I cannot write without a cup of coffee at my fingertips and jazz music in the background.
  6. I write in my sunroom, from where I can watch the squirrels shamelessly raiding the bird feeder and yell at the neighbor’s cat when it sneaks into my rose garden.
  7. When I’m in the middle of a project, I go for walks around the neighborhood and talk to myself to work out plot problems. (As an added bonus, it keeps the neighbors away.)


No comments: