BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Monday, February 23, 2015

Review--Bitten by a Hellcat (Eternal Mates #6) by Felicity Heaton * * * *

Title: Bitten By A Hellcat
Series: Eternal Mates #6
Author: Felicity Heaton
Genre: Erotic PNR
Rating: * * * *
Publishers: Indie
(2-17-2015)
E-ARC: 163 pages
ISBN: BOOSOS5Y0G 
FTC Disclosure: Received an ARC for honest review.

The sole remaining member of the most famous shifter hunter family in history, Owen Nightingale is a mercenary and a man with a secret held in his closely guarded heart, but when a beautiful rare shifter catches his eye and offers him a job, he has the feeling he’ll be the one paying for helping her—with his heart.
Cait is in a spot of trouble with a capital T. A male hellcat has set his sights on claiming her and she’s one kitty who doesn’t want a collar. When she meets a dark, alluring and mysterious hunter, she sees a chance to rid herself of the male, but the price Owen sets and the fierce passion that burns white-hot between them lures her dangerously under his seductive spell.
Can Owen discover the true intent of the male hellcat and stop Cait from falling into his hands? And can Cait retain control as the heat of desire burns between her and Owen, or will a reckless moment seal both of their fates forever?


First let me mention the things I didn't like. It was over way to fast. I felt like I'd just got dug in good and it was done.  Seriously, if it had been a paperback that I'd bought and paid around $10 for, I'd have been pissed. For $10, I want at least a two day read out of it, not a mere 3 hours.  Next, the insta-love- I want more romance, less erotica. The erotica has it's place in a well drawn out story, but here I felt like it didn't add but actually distracted from the story. I want erotica to add to the story not just used to fill pages. I want the story and romance to grow, to develop. If the point is to finish it in less than 200 pages, it did that but I felt like it was too short and sweet. Lastly, and this is totally my fault, starting a series at book 6. Not what this series deserved. But as I had a chance to read it early, I grabbed it. Well, I guess I'll just have to go back and read the rest of the series so that I have a better handle on this awesome world and it's diverse characters. Not a hardship at all.
Now, the things that I really loved. The Hellcat! I don't know that I've ever read any books about hellcats and thoroughly enjoyed this aspect of the book. There was also a dragon in this book and I did see that the next book, due out in March, was TAKEN BY A DRAGON so can't wait to see where Heaton goes with this paranormal character.  I loved the nonstop action in this story. Cait and Owen quickly grabbed me with their story, though I wish there had been more back-story on them. From a quick glance at the rest of the titles in this series, I feel we are going to get a real smorgasbord of paranormals in this series and can't wait to read the rest of them. And last but not least, this cover is really awesome as are all in this series.



Books in the Eternal Mates Paranormal Romance Series


Book 1: Kissed by a Dark Prince

Book 2: Claimed by a Demon King

Book 3: Tempted by a Rogue Prince

Book 4: Hunted by a Jaguar

Book 5: Craved by an Alpha

Book 6: Bitten by a Hellcat

Book 7: Taken by a Dragon - Coming March 10th 2015

Buy Links
Amazon US: http://amzn.com/B00SOS5Y0G
Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00SOS5Y0G
Amazon DE: http://www.amazon.de/dp/B00SOS5Y0G
Amazon CA: http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00SOS5Y0G
Amazon AU: http://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00SOS5Y0G

iBooks US: http://itunes.apple.com/us/book/isbn9781909306653?at=1l3voM2
iBooks UKhttp://itunes.apple.com/gb/book/isbn9781909306653?at=1l3voM2
iBooks AU: http://itunes.apple.com/au/book/isbn9781909306653?at=1l3voM2
iBooks CAhttp://itunes.apple.com/ca/book/isbn9781909306653?at=1l3voM2
iBooks NZ: http://itunes.apple.com/nz/book/isbn9781909306653?at=1l3voM2




No comments: