BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Review- Trapped by Beverly Long- 4*

Title: Trapped
Series: Crow Hollow #3
Author: Beverly Long
Genre: Romantic Suspense
Rating: * * * *
Publishers: Harlequin 
(Sept 16, 2014)
Paperback: 224 pages
ISBN: 978-0373697939
FTC Disclosure: ARC from Net Galley

It's their second chance at love, but may be their only chance for survival in the conclusion of Beverly Long's The Men from Crow Hollow miniseries

Elle Vollman hadn't expected to live when the plane went down. She never thought she'd see her daughter again or give testimony against one of the world's worst human traffickers. But she learned never to say never because she never thought she'd see her ex-fiancé, Dr. Brody Donovan, again either. Now here he was, amongst the survivors, applying medical care to those in need. Lost in the Amazon and being hunted by more than just wildlife, it will take their combined strength to find help and rescue the others. The fierce jungle has doomed many, and trusting one another is the only way either of them will find their way back...maybe even to each other....




Crow Hollow
Hunted (2014)
Stalked (2014)
Trapped (2014)

I’ve not read anything else by this author but would not hesitate to pick up the rest of the books in this series. I’m always a sucker for a second chance romance. I love the backstory that is fed to us in bits and pieces and the fact that the two main characters lived life and matured only to come full circle and question honestly why they didn’t make a go of it the first time. As a twice married person myself, I so recognize the difference and intensity of first love as compared to a more mature love. I’m not saying that one is better than the other but you don’t tend to take things for granted the second time around and you know that trust and compromise make for much smoother and romantic sailing.
I loved the suspense and South American jungle flavor of the setting. One of my top reasons for loving Harlequins was always the chance to travel to different locals and experience different cultures from the comfort of my couch. Trapped delivered this in spades. This story was fast paced and suspenseful, with just the right amount of romantic tension to make it a very enjoyable read. I read it in one sitting, late one night and then started another romance as I was too wound up to sleep. And everyone knows sleep is highly overrated when compared to a good book.

No comments: