BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Friday, September 16, 2011

True Friendship... ...SCOTTISH STYLE!!

 (None of that Sissy shite)
Are ye tired of those piss weak 'friendship'    poems that always sound good, but never actually come close to reality?   Well, here are a series of promises that actually speak of true friendship... You will see no cute wee smiley faces on this post .  Just the stone cold truth of a great friendship.   

1. When ye are sad --  I will help you get pissed and plot revenge against the bastard who made ye sad.  

2. When ye are blue -- I will try to dislodge whatever is choking ye. 

3. When ye smile -- I will know ye are thinking of something that I would probably want to be involved in. 

4. When ye are scared -- I will shake the piss out of ye every chance I get, until you're NOT. 

5. When ye are worried -- I will tell ye stories about how much worse it could be until   YE STOP YER WHINING! 

6... When yer confused -- I will try to use only wee words. 

7... When ye are sick --  Stay the hell away from me until ye are well again. 

I don't want whatever ye've got. 

8... When ye fall,  I will laugh my effin head off at you, you clumsy arse, 

.......but I'll help you up. 

9... This is my oath.... I pledge it to the end. 

'Why?' you may ask; 

Because you are my friend. 

Friendship is like pissing your pants, everyone can see it, but only you can feel the true warmth... 

Send this to 10 yer closest friends, 

Then get depressed because ye can only think of 4 . 

3 comments:

Sebella Blue said...

Great post! I have this book on my TBR stack.

G said...

i love these promises, but are they from you or the book?

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

I wish I had that much creativity,my cousin is always sending me funnies and when I read these, i happen to be reading this book so just had to combine the two!