BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Wednesday, January 5, 2022

Home for the Holidays By Amie Denman * * * *

 

Series: Return to Christmas Island # 2
Author: Amie Denman
Genre: Clean Romance 
Rating: * * * *
Publishers: Harlequin Heartwarming Larger Print
(January 25, 2022)
Paperback:  384 pages
FTC Disclosure: Copy provided by the author.
Copy provided for the purpose of providing an honest review.
 This does not affect my opinion of this book.

On Christmas Island…

Some loves can't be forgotten


For Camille Peterson, coming home to Christmas Island to take over the family’s candy-making business is complicated. After all, she left so much behind. And when it comes to single dad Maddox May—who broke Camille’s heart back in high school—complicated is only the beginning. If only she could wrap up her feelings and forget them. But if forgiveness is sweet, a second chance might be irresistible…



This book was an unexpected surprise that I received in the mail. I'd just spent about 10 days fighting the flu and was too lazy to figure out what I wanted to read next and this gem appeared like magic. I didn't start it till about 4 am but it didn't take me long to get deep into the book. I loved the idea of living on an island where the only way off was by ferry or plane. As a NC girl who frequents the Outer Banks, I've often wondered what it would be like to live on an island where you couldn't just bop over to Walmart or other stores and be totally dependant on the local stories for your needs. This is a second chance romance that I was so glad to see the author give the main characters a chance to rebuild their lost love. Betrayal of a loved one, even or especially as a teen, needs time to allow regrowth and isn't always assured. In seven years time, you are going to mature (hopefully) and though it was never mentioned, hopefully met and date others. You then have a chance to weigh if what you lost is worth fighting for or not. Throw in a cute kid and you got me hooked.


Return to Christmas Island


Book 1: I'll Be Home for Christmas

Book 2: Home For The Holidays 


 

Amie Denman

Goodreads Author


Website

Twitter

Genre

Member Since
August 2011



Amie Denman lives in a small town in Ohio with her husband and sons. When she's not reading or writing, she's walking and running outside. The victim of a lifetime of curiosity, she's chased fire trucks on her bicycle just to see what's going on. Amie believes that everything is fun: especially roller coasters, wedding cake, and falling in love

No comments: