BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Monday, September 25, 2017

Review For NIGHT'S CARESS By Mary Hughes-5*

Title: NIGHT'S CARESS
Series: Ancients #1
Author: Mary Hughes
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: Entangled Publishers LLC
(Sept 25, 2017)
Paperback: 288 pages
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley


When artist Brie Lark left her vampire ex and her straitjacket of a hometown to breathe free in New York City, she promised herself two things: she’d never go back to Meiers Corner, and no more vampires. The last thing she expected—or wanted—was to be sent back home on an assignment. But her boss at the FBI needs her undercover on a murder case, working with a black-haired, black-eyed giant god of a man who’s her idea of perfection, except for one thing—he’s a vampire.
FBI Special Agent Seb Rikare is an ancient vampire hardened by loss. He’s cut all emotions to protect himself and leads a deliberately steady, almost sterile life. The brash young woman forced to pose as his lover irritates him, with her jangling bracelets and colorful hair. But as much as she irritates him, he finds himself drawn to her lively spirit and he’s tempted to make fantasy a reality.

The only complaint I had on this wonderful new series was the alternate POVs. It is told equally in 1st person by Brie and then third person from Seb's perspective. And as much as I hated the jar out of reading bliss each time this happened, I'm still giving it five stars. I love, love, love this type of paranormal romance. Of all the romances I read, and there are bookoos of them, this is my go to all time favorite read. I love the vampire world building by the author and loved both Brie and Seb. It reminded me (in a good way) of the paranormal romances of old that I cut my teeth on.  
Had I known it was told from  two different POVs, I'd never had started it. That tells you how much I hate this practice. Which would have been sad cause I'd have missed a great read.



Who am I? A lover of stories that crackle with action and emotion. A mother, a flutist, a binge-TV-watcher of NCIS, Sherlock, and Agents of SHIELD. 

I write steamy, wickedly funny romance including the Pull of the Moon series of witch/shifter love and the Biting Love series where sexy, gritty vampires meet small town mayhem. My martial arts background means the action is real. 

Most of all, I'm a believer in grand passion, a forever kind of love.

I'd love to hear from you!
Newsletter http://eepurl.com/orpxf
Website http://www.maryhughesbooks.com/
Blog http://maryhughesbooks.blogspot.com/
Group Blog http://www.lustwithalaugh.com/
Group Blog http://magicalmusings.com/
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/MaryHughesAuthor
Twitter http://www.twitter.com/MaryHughesBooks




1 comment:

Mary Hughes said...

Thank you to Lisa's Loves (Books of Course) for having me here today! My big thanks to Lisa for the excellent review!