BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, January 31, 2012

THE CATASTROPHIC HISTORY OF YOU AND ME



Dying of a broken heart is just the beginning... Welcome to forever.
BRIE'S LIFE ENDS AT SIXTEEN: Her boyfriend tells her he doesn't love her, and the news breaks her heart—literally.
But now that she's D&G (dead and gone), Brie is about to discover that love is way more complicated than she ever imagined. Back in Half Moon Bay, her family has begun to unravel. Her best friend has been keeping a secret about Jacob, the boy she loved and lost—and the truth behind his shattering betrayal. And then there's Patrick, Brie's mysterious new guide and resident Lost Soul . . . who just might hold the key to her forever after.
With Patrick's help, Brie will have to pass through the five stages of grief before she's ready to move on. But how do you begin again, when your heart is still in pieces?
Coming soon from Dial/Penguin. February 21, 2012.
Hi, I'm Jess!
I'm the author of THE CATASTROPHIC HISTORY OF YOU AND ME, out from Dial/Penguin in February 2012! I grew up in Charleston, South Carolina, graduated from Vassar College, and spent most of my twenties editing books for teens and middle grade readers. I live in Brooklyn, New York, where I write full-time, dance interpretively, and dream of one day owning a sheepdog named Leo.
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------
I was lucky enough to get to read an ARC of TCHoY&M and unfortunately it only last a day. Wow! Never have 400 pages gone by so fast! When I first started it I knew I was in for a treat, when Brie ends up in a Pizza parlor while waiting to move on.  I had a few Beatlejuice moments when she was was handed the D&G (Dead and Gone) handbook  but this book is so totally unique that they were only flashes.  I was constantly grabbing a tissue to blow my nose and wipe my eyes when only moments before I was laughing out loud. It was amazing at the range of emotions that Rothenberg took me through, much like the 5 stages of grief that Brie had to go through.
The main characters, Brie and Patrick, were so very real and so likeable and one of my favorite things about the book was the music titles for each chapter. They really set the mood for each chapter and kind of gave you a hint of what was upcoming. And even though I don’t listen to music while reading or writing, if I was to reread this book, I’d likely set up the playlist in the background.
It's a sad romantic story that will make you think about your life,  family, friends, and loves. It’s a story that as a 14 year old I’d have stayed up all night reading and swore I was too sick to go to school the next day- “see mom, my eyes are so red and swollen”- just so I could finish it.  As an adult, I simply stayed up all night and napped the next day. I look forward to reading more by this awesome author. Good job!

No comments: