BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, August 30, 2011

The Vampire Dimitri by Colleen Gleason--- 4 *

Title: The Vampire Dimitri                    1
Author: Colleen Gleason
Genre: Paranormal Romance
Rating: * * * *
Publishers Date: April 19, 2011
Paperback: 384 pages
ISBN: 0778329828
FTC Disclosure: E-copy from Net Galley
 
“Regency London loves a society wedding - even if there are vampires on the guest list. Dimitri, also known as the Earl of Corvindale, should be delighted that the headstrong Maia Woodmore is getting married. His mortal ward and houseguest has annoyed - and bewitched - the Dracule nobleman too long, and denying his animal cravings grows more excruciating by the day. Marriage will give Miss Woodmore safety, respectability and everything else a proper young lady could wish for. Everything, that is, except passion. In the looming battle between Dracule factions, all pretences will shatter as Maia and Dimitri come together in an unholy union of danger, desperation and fiercest desire.”
At first I was a bit disappointed, because the first third of the book was essentially a retelling of The Vampire Voss, I thought. I then realized it was told from Maia’s point of view and she went from the bossy little know it all to someone who was desperately trying to hold her family together. I loved seeing Maia fight her feelings for Dimitri all the while realizing that he was indeed a vampire. There were several times that Gleason had me laughing out loud at Maia trying to come to terms with it. Gleason has done it again, built a world in Regency London that is totally captivating. I love historical paranormals and though this series isn’t quite as fascinating as Gleason’s “Gardella” books (which if you have not read is well worth your time), I thoroughly enjoyed it. 

1 comment:

lauriehere.com said...

I LOVE NetGalley!!!
Please count this for the Freedomn hop!
Thanks!
Laurie Carlson
laurieisreaeding@gmail.com