BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Monday, May 17, 2010

Flirting With Forever by Gwyn Cready


Title: Flirting With Forever
Author: Gwyn Cready
Genre: Romance
Rating:* * * 1/2
Review Date: 5/15/10
Paperback: 415  pages
Publisher: Pocket Books (Mar 30,2010)
ISBN: 1439107246
FTC Disclosure: Received free copy from publisher


This entertaining and lively time-travel romance opens with a bewildering mass of details involving time-jump accountants, incongruity spikes, and the afterlife, but the introduction of sexy art historian Campbell Stratford gets the story moving smoothly. When Cam tumbles through time and finds herself in the late 17th century, a time agent is dispatched to stop her from using artist Peter Lely as a source for scandalous biographies of his contemporaries. Cready (Seducing Mr. Darcy) includes compelling details about art and painting as Peter explains how to paint a leaf and later, following Cam back to her own time, reverently explores a book of 20th-century artworks. As Peter struggles with memories of his dead wife—whom Cam greatly resembles—and Cam's cheating ex-boyfriend breaks her heart again, their passion and quarrels combine in a compelling romance that will leave readers breathless.

While this was the first Gwyn Cready book I’d read, it won’t be the last. I love romance and this is romance at its finest. Misunderstandings, wicked step-sister, ex-boyfriends, humor, sex, it had it all. And best of all was the time travel. Ingenious, simply ingenious. I’m never visit Amazon again without thinking of this book and wondering “what if ?” The historical period, along with the artists from the 17th century had me racing to the computer after laying the book down with a sigh, to check out Peter Lely’s portraits. I can't wait to read Cready's other time travel romances. And oh, don't you just love those zebra print shoes?

1 comment:

vvb32 reads said...

ooo, i love gwyn's seducing mr darcy which i read last year. been meaning to pick this one up.