BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Sunday, February 5, 2012

UNDER THE NEVER SKY

1
    Title: Under The Never Sky
Author: Veronica Rossi
Genre: Young Adult Dystopia
Rating: * * * * 1/2
Publishers Date: HarperCollins (Jan 2, 2012)
Hardback: 384 pages
ISBN: 006207203X
FTC Disclosure: Received an ARC from contest.

Exiled from her comfortable home, Aria knows her chances of surviving in the outer wasteland - called the Death Shop - are slim. Violent energy storms can strike suddenly, and even the very air she breathes might kill her. Then Aria meets an Outsider named Perry. He's wild, dangerous - a savage. He's also her only hope.
Because Aria alone holds the key to his redemption, Perry needs her, too. Their unlikely alliance will determine the fate of all who live under the never sky.
Debut author Veronica Rossi is accumulating fans from all over the globe--the book has already sold to more than twenty countries. It's not surprising that foreign rights for this title have been flying off the shelf. It's a tantalizing romance in any language.



It amazes me that the more dystopian fiction I read the better it gets. I picked this one after supper and thought I read a few pages to see how I was going to like it. Well, other than a very quick bathroom break and  shower, I did not lay it down till around four AM. It was simply fabulous. The world building and the characters were as vivid in my mind as if I’d just watched the whole book play out on the big screen.
Aria, (a Mole who lived in the Pods) while starting out as a fully indulged, self interested teen (apparently all who lived in the pods were), grew and matured with ever step through the Death Shop. She was an awesome compliment to Peregrine (Perry for short), an Outsider who was a very skilled hunter and killer. Together they start out on a trip to save Perry’s nephew and find Aria’s mom. The trip is frequently interrupted by unbelievable storms from the Aether sky and other Outsiders who are cannibals. While this world was vivid, the characters were what stood out for me. Even the secondary  ones were fabulous. I can’t wait for the next book in this series so that I can see what happens with Perry and Aria. While this book had a satisfying ending, you definitely go away wanting more.

7 comments:

Rica said...

i want to read this one so bad:)

Stacey said...

I've been wanting to get this book, thanks for a great review.

s_l_a_s_c69(at) hotmail (dot) com

Rea said...

I read this one in January and I *adored* it! I can already tell that it's gonna hit all my fave books of 2012 lists!!

I find myself wanting to know more about Cinder and see Brooke's reaction to losing Perry to a Mole!!

Maritza Robinson said...

This book is on my TBR list. Can't wait to read. Thank you for great review.
-Maritza Robinson

Sophia Rose said...

I love hearing about stories that just can't be put down. I've got this one on my wish list.

Thanks for sharing your review!

Bex n Books said...

This sounds like a fantastic read. I'm always looking for something new and fresh. Thank you for the detailed review.

Bella said...

I have found myself being drawn to dystopian books lately. I wouldn't have imagined I would favor them before reading a few. Now I'm a fan! Thanks for the review.