BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Sunday, February 19, 2012

BOOKS I’VE BOUGHT, SWAPPED OR WON FOR THE WEEK 2/19 # 68



 PAPERBACKSWAP

 BOOKMOOCH


BOUGHT


WON

3 comments:

Raine said...

"Flame" has quite an intriguing cover. :D Wow, you get to have paperback swaps. :D That's so cool. Enjoy your reads.

Lisa Richards/alterlisa said...

Actually I belong to two sites,
http://www.paperbackswap.com/ &
http://bookmooch.com
where you list books you'll be willing to swap, paperback, hardback, or audio and you get a credit for mailing them out (media mail is around $2.60) and you use the credit to choose books you want. So basically you can get a "new" book for less than $3. A good way to try a book or author that you're not real sure about. If you are looking for older books, which I frequently will need books in a series that has been out for awhile, as I like to read a series back to back, you can get them pretty quick. New books you have to have put on your wishlist (you can have up to 200 on your wishlist) as soon as the ISBN is released(about 6 months before it actually comes out), or you wait a looong time. This has been the major thing that blogging has benefited me as the bloggers always have this info first and share it. So frequently I can snag a new book "free" within the first two weeks of release.I clean out my bookcase of read books and get "new ones. A win-win!

Raine said...

These are great sites. I'll check them. I see Bookmooch has for my side of the world :D Thanks for the tips too.