BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, May 30, 2017

Review For TOUGHEST COWBOY IN TEXAS By Carolyn Brown 5*


Title: Toughest Cowboy In Texas

Series: Happy Texas #1
Author: Carolyn Brown
Genre: Cowboy Romance
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: Forever Publishing
(May 30, 2017)
Paperback: 352 pages
ISBN: 978-1455597444
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

The Spark of an Old Flame
Last time Lila Harris was in Happy, Texas, she was actively earning her reputation as the resident wild child. Now, a little older and wiser, she's back to run her mother's café for the summer. Except something about this town has her itching to get a little reckless and rowdy, especially when she sees her old partner-in-crime, Brody Dawson. Their chemistry is just as hot as ever. But he's still the town's golden boy-and she's still the wrong kind of girl. 
Brody hasn't had much time lately for anything other than ranching. Running the biggest spread in the county and taking care of his family more than keeps him busy. All that responsibility has him longing for the carefree days of high school-and Lila. She may have grown up, but he still sees that spark of mischief in her eyes. Now he's dreaming about late-night skinny dipping and wondering how he can possibly resist the one woman he can never forget...


Yeah! A new series of fabulous characters to discover and learn their hopes and fears thanks to CB.
I just love second chance romances! If there was ever a couple that deserved a second chance at love, it was Lila and Brody. As usual Brown had me falling for these two along with most of the hilarious characters of  Happy, Texas.  Brown uses an equal amount of laughter and tears that always makes one of her books a one night read for me. Once started, I'm often unable to stop reading until I've flipped that last page knowing that the new friends I met in the story will have their HEA. 
This is the kind of read that is perfect for that day at the pool when you don't have to do anything but flip a page, sip a cold drink and wipe a tear from your eye. Heck, every day is a perfect day for a Carolyn Brown book!

No comments: