BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Sunday, November 18, 2018

Review- SOMETIMES I LIE By Alice Feeney -5 *

Title: SOMETIMES I LIE 
Author: Alice Feeney
Genre: Psychological Mystery
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: Flatiron Books 
(Mar 13, 2018)
Paperback: 272 pages
ISBN: 978-1250144843
FTC Disclosure: Borrowed from public library

My name is Amber Reynolds. 
There are three things you should know about me: 
1. I’m in a coma. 
2. My husband doesn’t love me anymore. 
3. Sometimes I lie. 

Amber wakes up in a hospital. She can’t move. She can’t speak. She can’t open her eyes. She can hear everyone around her, but they have no idea. Amber doesn’t remember what happened, but she has a suspicion her husband had something to do with it. Alternating between her paralyzed present, the week before her accident, and a series of childhood diaries from twenty years ago, this brilliant psychological thriller asks: Is something really a lie if you believe it's the truth?


This is one of those books that once started you won't want to put down and hours, nay, days afterwards you are going to question what you think happened. I won't rehash the storyline as I don't want to spoil it for anyone, but seriously this is one twisty, turny book! If you like a good psychological mystery, put your life on hold and ban everyone from your home for the day and go for the ride of your life.

I'm still questioning what I think I know and it's been a week since I finished it and read everyone else's opinion of what they think happened (here). I keep having to remind myself though that the title was "Sometimes I Lie". I can so see this as the next great "Big Little Lies" type of TV drama.

View all my reviews

Alice Feeney is a writer and journalist. She spent 15 years at the BBC, where she worked as a Reporter, News Editor, Arts and Entertainment Producer and One O’clock News Producer.
Alice has lived in London and Sydney and has now settled in the Surrey countryside, where she lives with her husband and dog.
Sometimes I Lie is her debut thriller and is being published around the world. 

Website

Twitter


No comments: