BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Monday, September 24, 2018

Review For LONE STAR CHRISTMAS By Delores Fossen -4*


Title: LONE STAR CHRISTMAS
Series: Coldwater Texas #1
Author: Delores Fossen
Genre: Cowboy Romance
Rating: * * * *
Publishers: HQN
(Sept 25, 2018)
Paperback: 384 pages
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via NetGalley
Copy provided for the purpose of providing an honest review.
 This does not affect my opinion of this book.

A family crisis brings him home...Just in time for Christmas
Cattleman Callen Laramie has no intention of returning to his hometown of Coldwater, Texas, until a Christmas wedding and a family secret convince him he has no choice. And when he's reunited with his childhood crush, the girl who'd always been off-limits, Callen knows leaving might not be so easy this time. Shelby McCall is as pretty as a Christmas snowfall, and Callen wants to kiss her under the mistletoe...and the Christmas tree...and the stars. But once Shelby knows the whole truth behind this homecoming, will their holiday fling come to an abrupt end? Or will she accept the gift of his heart?

***Go HERE to read chapter 1 of this book.***

I thoroughly enjoyed this book and must confess, the secondary characters almost take over the book. A stuffed armadillo named Billy and his taxidermist, Rosy, will have you alternately giggling and tearing up in this awesome story of family love and ultimately what it takes to make up a family.

Coldwater Texas
1. Lone Star Christmas (2018)
2. Hot Texas Sunrise (2019)


Texas author, Delores Fossen, wore combat boots. Yep. During her five year assignment at RAF Lakenheath, England, this former Air Force captain often wore not only combat boots but also full chemical gear during simulated attacks. In fact, that's how she met her husband, Tom, an Air Force Top Gun. They were both in charcoal suits and gas masks, with every inch of their skin covered, and yet Tom asked her out anyway. Delores obviously said yes, and they eventually married. Delores often relies on her military background, world travels and zany life experiences when she writes historical romances for Dorchester and romantic suspense and comedies for Harlequin.


No comments: