BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Review For HARD RAIN By B J Daniels-5*

Title: Hard Rain

Series: Montana Hamiltons
Author: B J Daniels
Genre: Western Romance
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: 
(Mar 22, 2016)
Paperback: 384 pages
FTC Disclosure: My copy

Sooner or later, every family secret comes to light... 
When Brody McTavish sees Harper Hamilton's runaway horse galloping across the pastures, he does what any good cowboy would do - gives chase and rescues her. Unfortunately for him, the woman he's secretly loved for years didn't need saving, and she's just reached her limit with people treating her as hopeless. But they soon have bigger problems when they make a gruesome discovery - human remains revealed by a recent rainstorm. Remains that will dredge up old Hamilton family mysteries... and bring about a scandal that could threaten all Harper's loved ones.
With her father running for president, every move Harper makes is under scrutiny. But despite the risks, she's determined to uncover the truth about her family's role in a long-ago murder. If she can trust him enough, Brody will be more than an ally. He could be the only thing standing between Harper and an enemy intent on keeping the past buried forever.


Montana Hamiltons
1. Wild Horses (2015)
2. Lone Rider (2015)
3. Lucky Shot (2015)
4. Hard Rain (2016)
5. Into Dust (2016)
6. Honor Bound (2016)


First of all, if you are expecting a Carolyn Brown laugh until you cry. Western Romance, park your expectations at the door. This is pure and simple Intrigue with a little romance sprinkled in that takes place in Montana. This is NOT a bad thing! Just know going in that other than riding a horse two or three times, the word ranch throw in occasionally, and maybe 50 pages devoted to romance, you will be on the edge of your seat trying to figure out what's going on and who the murderer is (plus a few finer details that I won't mention as I don't want to spoil anything).
I picked up this book while looking for something to cleanse my palette of YA books I'd been reading recently and unfortunately did not notice that this was book 4 in a 6 book series. This was absolutely no problem as it could stand on its own. However, it hooked me so well that now I must have the rest of the books in the series. I do have book 6 but will just have to contain myself until the earlier books arrive. One of the many advantages to reading a series that is complete is being able to order all the rest of the books used from PaperBackSwap or Amazon and binge read them all.
I loved both of the main characters in the story. Brody has been waiting for years for Harper to grow up enough to pursue and Harper has weighted every guy she has ever met against Brody. So the time is finally here and what happens but they stumble over a body on the ranch while looking for her runaway horse. (see ranch and horse-western). Anyway, this body is part of the ongoing mystery of Harper's missing Mom who has recently returned after 24 years with no memory of what has gone on for the last 2 decades. Combine this with the body they have stumbled over and their decision to investigate since both of their families are involved makes for some tense action in this small Montana town. While the murder is resolved by the end of the book, there are many unanswered questions that make this a series well worth diving into.

No comments: