BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Monday, November 20, 2017

Review For NOW YOU SEE ME By Kierney Scott-5*



Title: Now You See Me
Series: Detective Jess Bishop #1
Author: Kierney Scott
Genre: Psychological Thriller
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: Bookouture
(Nov 27, 2017)
Ebook: 318 pages
ISBN: B075CTYPDK
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley
Copy provided for the purpose of providing an honest review. 
This does not affect my opinion of this book.

As she saw his face for the first time, she knew he was going to kill her. She just didn’t know when.
Three young women are dead. Thousands of miles between them and nothing except the marks on their bodies to link them.
Detective Jess Bishop sees something that strikes fear into her heart: the similarities between this case and the one she’s spent her entire career trying to forget. Brilliant and methodical, Jess always plays by the rules. But she’s not the person anyone thinks she is. And she’ll do whatever she can to keep her secrets hidden. 
As more bodies are found, it seems Jess’ past is coming back to haunt her. And with her partner, Jamison, back from two years undercover, she doesn’t know if she can still trust him.
When the hunt goes cold, Jess knows she has to confront her past in order to catch the killer, even if that means making herself the bait… 
Now You See Me is a gripping and heart-stopping thriller full of twists and perfect for fans of Robert Dugoni, Karin Slaughter, Robert Bryndza and Lisa Gardner.


I've got to admit, in the beginning I wasn't much of a fan of Jess Bishop. She was almost autistic with a bit of an edge to her. She only got edgier as the book went on but I grew to enjoy her quirky (and sometimes questionable) personality/behavior and once learning more of her history, appreciating how far she had grown as an individual.  This was a very quick read that was really hard to put down once you get into the meat of the story, though I figured out the baddie as soon as I met him. The why didn't come out until much later in the story. This kind of had a Criminal Minds feel to it and unfortunately I won't get another taste of it till much later down the road instead of tuning in next week. This was an excellent start to a new series and at present only $.99 so a heck of a deal too!

Mum, wife, tea addict, writer. Massive fan of kindness. Irrationally scared of zombies. Always trying to keep it classy but usually wildly inappropriate.

Edinburgh, Scotland



No comments: