BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, September 5, 2017

Review For NEED YOU NOW by Emma Douglas-4*

Title: Need You Now
Series: Cloud Bay #1
Author: Emma Douglas
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Rating: * * * * 
Publishers: St Martin's Press
(Aug 29, 2017)
Paperback: 304 pages
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

Welcome to the small island town of Cloud Bay, where it’s never the wrong time to find a love that’s oh-so-right. . .
Caleb White knows what he wants out of life—and being a star tennis player is not it. After speaking to the press about his plans to retire, Caleb decides that a trip to quaint, beautiful Cloud Bay for its legendary music festival is exactly what he needs. There will be time to figure out what to do with his life without a racket in his hand soon enough. Until then, Caleb is content to be stuck on an island with CloudFest’s gorgeous director Faith Harper. . .

The daughter of a famous rock star, Faith knows all about fame, fortune, and hot flings that aren’t meant to last longer than a few good songs. Gorgeous, built Caleb is a temptation she can’t resist, but she’s not prepared for the way he makes her feel. . .and the dreams that they both share. What begins as a carefree distraction deepens into something real. But is Caleb ready to put his celebrity behind him and give life in the slow lane with Faith a chance?

I've got to admit, I've kind of gotten tired of the typical contemporaries that have been flooding the market, Billionaires, Royals and MC gangs, so it was refreshing to come across this book. I guess I've always had a desire to see what's behind the curtain of a Rock Star's families life. It was fascinating to get just a taste of what it takes to set up a Woodstock type concert. Faith Harper was a kick-ass character who knew exactly what she wanted out of life and what she didn't.  It was fun to see her interact with Caleb, a national tennis star who has retired, and is just as use to the limelight as she is. It's always fun to see a casual romance blossom into the real deal. The only problem I had was with the resolution of Caleb and Faith's romance. It was a bit cut and dry and happened way too quickly.

No comments: