BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Sunday, November 20, 2016

Review For FALLING FOR THE GIRL NEXT DOOR by Tera Lynn Childs-* * *

Title: Falling for the Girl Next Door
Series: Creative HeArts, #5; Sloane & Tru, #2

Author: Tera Lynn Childs
Genre: YA Romance
Rating: * * *
Publishers: Entangled Crush
(Nov 14, 2016)
Pages: 186  pages
ASIN: B01MCXPL5A
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

Sloane Whitaker never expected to like living in Texas, but after a few months in the Lone Star State, she has to admit she likes the food, the school, and the boy next door. What she doesn’t like is the fact that half her family is still back in New York. Convincing her dad to relocate to Texas requires making their upcoming visit as perfect as possible. The perfect dinner, the perfect daughter...with the perfect boyfriend.
But when her not-so-perfect boyfriend Tru Dorsey is suddenly not-so-available, Sloane has to find another dad-impressing guy to show off at dinner. Tru himself suggests enlisting the help of a fake boyfriend, but the reality of another guy with Sloane on his arm might be more than Tru can manage. Add in a mysterious blackmailer and a divided family, and Sloane and Tru’s relationship might not be able to handle the heat.
Disclaimer: This Entangled Teen Crush book contains a bad boy next door, the good girl who snags his heart, and one epically disastrous ruse-gone-wrong. Join the fun at your own risk.

The Creative HeArts series is best enjoyed in order
Reading Order:
Book #1 - Ten Things Sloane Hates About Tru
Book#2 - How Willa Got Her Groove Back
Book #3 - Crazy, Stupid, Fauxmance
Book #4 - The Secret Life of A Dream
Book #5 - Falling for the Girl Next Door

Not sure why but never really connected with the characters in this book. I've not read any of the other books in this series but didn't feel that I'd missed anything. Overall, I just didn't feel like there was much of a story here. I also didn't like that their story was told from alternating points of view, Sloane's in 1st person and Tru's from 3rd person. I find that jarring and it made me aware that I was reading. Though the book was only 186 pages it seemed much longer and not in a good way.

No comments: