BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, October 4, 2016

RACE THE DARKNESS by Abbie Roads-Review 5*



Title: Race the Darkness

Series: Fatal Dreams #1
Author: Abbie Roads
Genre: Paranormal Romantic Suspense
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: Sourcebooks Casablanca
(Oct 4, 2016)
Paperback: 352 pages
ISBN: 978-1492639176 

FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the author 

IF HE LOSES, SHE DIES
Her voice haunts his thoughts; her whispers fill his days
But when he discovers the woman of his dreams is real
He'll race the clock to save her before she's lost to him forever
Scarred by lightning, burdened with a power that gives him no peace, criminal investigator Xander Stone struggles to maintain his sanity against the voice that haunts him day and night—the voice of a woman begging him to save her.
Isleen Walker has long since given up hope of escape from the nightmare of captivity and torture that is draining her life, her mind, and her soul. Except...there is the man in her feverish dreams, a strangely beautiful man who beckons her to freedom. And when he comes, if he comes, it will take all their combined fury and faith to overcome a madman bent on fulfilling a deadly prophecy.
Named a Publishers Weekly Top 10 Fall Romance for 2016!
Fatal Dreams Duology:
Race the Darkness (Book 1)
Hunt the Dawn (Book 2)


First off, I gotta admit, there's nothing I enjoy more than a romantic suspense. When you mix in some paranormal, I'm in hog heaven. This book is very fast paced and once started, you will not want to put it down. I pretty much read it straight through in less than a day. It was just one of those reads that when you put it down you were still thinking about it so what the heck, you might as well immerse yourself and enjoy it. 
By the way, Abbie, this is a fabulous cover that really gives you a feel for the story. I was constantly sucked right back into the story just by looking at the cover, which is amazing for me as I usually don't get all ga-ga about the covers of a book. So guys, get a print copy rather than the e-book so you don't miss this!
It starts out with you feeling that Isleen is pretty much a victim but that quickly changed as I realized the strength of this amazing woman. I loved the way it started, with bits of scenes that didn't really connect but once they did WOW! I don't want to say much about the story as I don't want to ruin it but this is a writer that I believe will be around for a long time keeping me up till the wee hours unable to sleep until I know what happens next in her stories. 
I was lucky enough to win an ARC of this fabulous book and can't thank the author enough for the hours of enjoyment reading and then later just thinking about this book. I love when a book  stays in your mind long after you've finished it and am already looking forward to 
Hunt the Dawn which will be out early December. This would make a fabulous early Christmas gift, family. Just saying-- as I add to my wishlist.

No comments: