BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, March 1, 2016

A Reckless Desire: (The Breconridge Brothers) by Isabella Bradford-4 1/2 * REVIEW

Title: A Reckless Desire
Series: Breconridge Brothers #3
Author: Isabella Bradford
Genre: Historical Romance
Rating: * * * * 1/2
Publishers: Ballantine Books 
(Mar 1, 2016)
Paperback: 384  pages
ISBN: 978-0345548160
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

For fans of Julia Quinn, Eloisa James, and Sabrina Jeffries: the elegantly seductive third historical romance in Isabella Bradford's Breconridge Brothers trilogy.

Lord Rivers Fitzroy is as charming and sought-after as his rakish elder brothers, though he immerses himself more in dusty books and scholarly pursuits than in bawdy houses. Yet, Hell-bent on making the most of his remaining bachelorhood now that his father insists he marry, Rivers becomes the favorite of a troupe of Italian dancers. One night, after a performance, the handsome lord is challenged with a most provocative wager: Turn the players' meek and mousy cousin into the first lady of the London stage.

But Lucia di Rossi is not what she seems. Scorned by the rest of her family, Lucia longs for the respect and stardom of a great actress. Rivers's wager could be the answer to all her hopes—so long as he understands that she wants to be an actress, not his mistress. The two commence her metamorphosis in earnest—even as passion begins to take center stage. As Lucia's dreams come true, she fears that it may be Rivers, not she, who is the master performer. Is he only making her believe he cares? Has she found the spotlight only to lose her heart—or will the final curtain reveal a love strong enough to last?


Breconridge Brothers
1. A Wicked Pursuit (2014)

2. A Sinful Deception (2015)
3. A Reckless Desire (2016)



I've read lots of historical romances over the years 

and I loved this final book in the Breconridge
Brothers series immensely. 
Rivers was not the average Duke or Lord. He was more of a 
nerdy type of character(which I so loved)
 with his books and scholarly 
interests. He meshed quite nicely with Lucia as 
he takes on the role of teacher and trains her
not only in how to become a lady but 
in the art of becoming an actress. I loved the honesty 
and trust that they put in one another, 
something you don't encounter in relationships
in this era very often. Though the lack of that honesty 
towards the end caused me to give the book a 4.5 
rather than a 5 star review. 
(Yeah, I know we must have some conflict so 
that they can live happily ever after but I hate
 when characters act out of character 
for the sake of a story.) 
I loved the peek we get 
of both the dancing and acting profession 
from this era. Not  sure how historically correct it was 
but it was certainly fascinating. 
Enjoyed most of the secondary characters, 
other than River's Dad (who was a pompous ass) 
and his friend Everett (another ass). 
Having "met" his brothers and their 
wives from the earlier books, it was great to 
catch up with them and their growing families.
As usual, Bradford never failed to entertain 
and this was pretty much a cover to cover read 
over the period of a snowy day. 

No comments: