BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Monday, February 1, 2016

Winterblaze by Kristen Callihan---- 4 *

Title: Winterblaze
Series: Darkest London #3
Author: Kristen Callihan
Genre: 
Historical Paranormal Romance
Rating: * * * * 
Publishers: Forever 
(Feb 26, 2013)
Paperback: 448 pages
ISBN: 978-1455520794
  • FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

Once blissfully in love . . . Poppy Lane is keeping secrets. Her powerful gift has earned her membership in the Society for the Suppression of Supernaturals, but she must keep both her ability and her alliance with the Society from her husband, Winston. Yet when Winston is brutally attacked by a werewolf, Poppy's secrets are revealed, leaving Winston's trust in her as broken as his body. Now Poppy will do anything to win back his affections . . . 

Their relationship is now put to the ultimate test.Winston Lane soon regains his physical strength but his face and heart still bear the scars of the vicious attack. Drawn into the darkest depths of London, Winston must fight an evil demon that wants to take away the last hope of reconciliation with his wife. As a former police inspector, Winston has intelligence and logic on his side. But it will take the strength of Poppy's love for him to defeat the forces that threaten to tear them apart.


This book was a bit harder to get into than the others in this series. It seemed to drag on and there was a lot more drama in it. I did enjoy seeing Poppy and Winston try to mend their marriage of 14 years after Winston discovers the supernatural world when he  is bitten by a werewolf. He is not a happy camper when he discovers his wife is up to her ears in this and has been lying to him their whole marriage. I so love a second chance at love and Callihan does an excellent job with this. One of the biggest treats was the secondary characters which gets their own book next. All in all another great read.


Darkest London Series
0.5. Ember (2012)
1. Firelight (2012)
2. Moonglow (2012)
3. Winterblaze (2013)
3.5. Entwined (2013)
4. Shadowdance (2013)
5. Evernight (2014)
6. Soulbound (2015)

7. Forevermore (Jun 28, 2016)

No comments: