BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Almost Midnight by C. C. Hunter- 5*



Title: Almost Midnight
Series: Shadow Falls
Author: C C Hunter
Genre: YA Paranormal
Rating:  * * * * * 
Publishers: St Martin's Griffin 
(Feb 2, 2016)
Paperback: 416  pages
ISBN: 978-1250081001  
FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

A vampire and a werewolf who never fit in. A witch whose spells don't always work as planned. And a mysterious new guy who's hiding something. Together they will discover who they're meant to be...
Hidden from the human world, Shadow Falls is a secret camp for teens with supernatural powers. But for four very different teens, it's much more than just a camp-it's where their destinies will unfold.
Independent and strong-willed Della Tsang didn't believe in vampires...until she became one. Chase Tallman is the newest member of Shadow Falls, but what made him into the sexy, mysterious vampire he is today? And what led him to Della Tsang? For Miranda Kane, magic has always been something she's struggled with-until she finally has a chance to prove herself a witch to be reckoned with. And for Fredericka Lakota, the one guy who challenges her the most will lead her to the life she's always wanted.
C. C. Hunter's New York Times bestselling Shadow Falls series captured hearts all over the world. Now available in print for the first time, these enchanting novellas will reveal a side of the camp that you've never seen before...and live in your heart forever.

Series
Shadow Falls
0.5. Turned at Dark (2011)
1. Born At Midnight (2011)
2. Awake at Dawn (2011)
3. Taken at Dusk (2012)
4. Whispers at Moonrise (2012)
4.5. Saved at Sunrise (2013)
5. Chosen at Nightfall (2013)
Spellbinder (2015)

Shadow Falls: After Dark
0.5. Unbreakable (2014)
1. Reborn (2014)
2. Eternal (2014)
3. Unspoken (2015)
Almost Midnight (2016)

I've been thinking about reading this series
 for awhile so when I got a chance to read this 
collection of novellas from the series, I jumped 
at it as I thought it would be a good chance to get 
a quick feel for the series. I'm always looking for a 
good YA series that I can recommend for 
my daughter to keep in her classroom library.
While I'm primarily a  vampire lover, you get 
werewolves, fae, witches and vampires in 
this series. I like that you get a peek behind the 
curtain to see what's going on at the camp. 
An excellent addition to a series that over 75% 
of the readers have rated 5 stars and fascinating 
enough to send me to my TBR shelf to dig out 
my copies so I can indulge in the rest  of the series 
and pass on my copies to my daughter's classroom.

No comments: