BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Monday, January 11, 2016

Destroyer by Brett Battles-* * * * *

Title: Destroyer
Series: Rewinder
Author: Brett Battles
Genre: Time-Travel
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: 47North
(1-12-2016)
Paperback: 252 pages
ISBN: 978-1503951594


FTC Disclosure: ARC provided by the publisher via Netgalley

With the whole of human history altered, Denny Younger may be the last rewinder in existence—and the last person on earth with a chaser unit capable of time travel. While caring for his ailing sister, Denny must discover a way to recharge his device before he’s left with no defense against a past that wants him dead.
Before long, Denny notices a mysterious stranger following him—keeping tabs on Denny, his family, and his friends. Is Denny just paranoid? Or maybe he isn’t alone in this new reality after all…
When his chaser is stolen and his girlfriend is kidnapped, Denny risks everything to get both of them back. Launched into a high-stakes chase that spans continents and millennia, Denny’s responsibility to save our future isn’t over yet. It will take all of his cunning to stop a threat capable of steering the fate of the human race into disaster.

Rewinder
1. Rewinder (2014)

2. Destroyer (2016)

I had the great joy of getting to read book 1, Rewinder, and then getting to jump right into Destroyer, within minutes. I have loved time travel books since I read The Man Who Folded Himself back in the '70's.
The only other book that was close to these was The Time Traveler's Wife. 
This series is action packed and I was totally unable to put it down. The story could have ended with Rewinder as there was a definite ending to it. Destroyer leaves you with more of a cliffhanger that will leave you anticipating at least one more book in this series. This book is also an alternate history dystopian and has just a touch of romance. You totally need to have read book 1 to enjoy this book (which was fabulous).  It's a relatively quick read at only 252 pages, so just the right size for YA readers.

No comments: