BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Review of Soulbound by Kristen Callihan 5 *

Title: Soulbound
Series: Darkest London #6
Author: Kristen Callihan
Genre: Historical Paranormal Romance
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: Forever 
(Feb 24, 2015)
Paperback: 366 pages
ISBN: 978-1455581665
FTC Disclosure: Bought from Amazon

Once two souls are joined . . . 
When Adam's soul mate rejected him, there was more at stake than his heart. After seven hundred years of searching, his true match would have ended the curse that keeps his spirit in chains. But beautiful, stubborn Eliza May fled-and now Adam is doomed to an eternity of anguish, his only hope for salvation gone . . . 

Their hearts will beat together forever
No matter how devilishly irresistible Adam was, Eliza couldn't stand the thought of relinquishing her freedom forever. So she escaped. But she soon discovers she is being hunted-by someone far more dangerous. The only man who can help is the one man she vowed never to see again. Now Adam's kindness is an unexpected refuge, and Eliza finds that some vows are made to be broken . . .

This is a series that I continue to read without being entirely sure what draws me to it. In general, I'm not overly fond of urban fantasy that has demons and angels as characters in them. But this series just has so much more, shifters, fae, magic and  twisty romance that continues to draw me back time after time. Each book has a different romance while still touching on the earlier characters that I've met and grown to love. I read several reviews where this was the first book in the series that they had read. This is a series that really, really needs to be read in order so that you have the background of each of the romances. I love the setting in historical London and the constant action that keeps you reading late into the night. Can't wait for Sin's story in the upcoming 
"Forevermore".


Darkest London
0.5. Ember (2012)
1. Firelight (2012)
2. Moonglow (2012)
3.5. Entwined (2013)
5. Evernight (2014)
6. Soulbound (2015)
7. Forevermore (2016)

No comments: