BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Wednesday, October 15, 2014

EDGE Science Fiction & Fantasy Publishing Authors “Ask Us Anything” Event and $50.00 Amazon Gift Card Contest

In a world no more than a whisper away from our own, the Islands of Grand Britannia have been reduced by the ancient Plague Wars to a land of deep forests and a handful of small cities, governed by a powerful totalitarian Authority, based in the central city of London borough. Chad Mundy, a young teacher is sent to the remote city of Petra Dumnoniorum, to replace a colleague believed to have committed suicide. It soon becomes evident that there are darker, more sinister secrets locked up in the claustrophobic world of the Academy. 

As Mundy unravels the treachery and deceits behind the Authority, himself threatened and ultimately hunted by the ruthless Enforcer, Deadspike, the world of the dissident pagans and their hopes for freedom are cruelly tested. Events rush towards a fateful confrontation between the totalitarian Authority and the insurgents, culminating at the Midsummer festival and coinciding with a storm that will ultimately lead to tragedy.Some of the EDGE authors who will be attending are:
Donna Glee Williams (The Braided Path) – North Carolina
Adrian Cole (The Shadow Academy) – Devon, UK
Michael Martineck (The Milkman) – Grand Island, NY
Dru Pagliassotti (The Clockwork Heart Steampunk Trilogy) – California
Randy McCharles (The Necromancer Candle) – Calgary, Alberta
Suzanne Church (Elements: A Collection of Speculative Fiction) – Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario

CONTEST INFO: Open to readers worldwide. 

Prize: A $50.00 Amazon Gift Card 

No comments: