BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Thursday, September 4, 2014

Review- Breathe by Elena Dillon- 5*

Title: Breathe
Series: Breathe #1
Author: Elena Dillon
Genre: YA Thriller Suspense
Rating: * * * * *
Publishers: Elena Dillon 
(Jun 12, 2013date)
Paperback: 190 pages
ISBN: 9780988635326
FTC Disclosure: Net Galley

Jasmine’s life wasn't normal for a 16 year old girl. It hadn't been normal since the murder of her older sister, Daisy, two years ago. Her life had been changed forever. The monster that murdered Daisy was never caught. That was the reason her family decided to move away from their hometown in Southern California, to start over. Hopefully in a place where the last name Rourke wouldn’t bring on staring or judgment or morbid curiosity. 

In Lafayette, Louisiana things are quite a bit different but in a good way. Good manners, Cajun accents and a whole lot of Southern Hospitality all make her think things are going in the right direction. On top of that the most gorgeous boy she has ever met is interested in her. Her new friends are better than she could have hoped for even if she is worried about what they might think when they find out who she is. Life would be perfect if odd things didn't keep happening. Creepy phone calls, texts, and flowers in her locker start adding up quickly to something terrifying. Could the Monster have followed them to Lafayette? Was he coming after her this time? Maybe she was just worrying unnecessarily…or not.


I think this is the first YA, thriller, suspense that I’ve ever read and let me say, Dillon has hit a homerun with it. She nailed the voices of the teens and I loved the interaction of Jasmine and her younger siblings. This was a book that I stayed up way too late to finish and boy was I glad I did. Can’t wait to read the sequel Shimmer.


1 comment:

Amber Elise said...

Happy you liked it! I haven't heard of this one but I always enjoy a good YA murder thriller! :)

Amber Elise @ Du Livre