BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Monday, September 1, 2014

Reading Habits Change

I've haven't read as many Harlequins recently as I once did. Harlequins were always a quick easy read and existed as a way for a mini vacation from a very stressful 60 hour a week IT job for me. I kept one at my desk to read at lunch and one in my purse (plus a spare in the car just in case)  to read while waiting on kids at ball, music, dance, whatever the hell class that was going on at the time. With three kids, I was constantly taking and picking up kids for one activity or another. I also read every night at least an  hour just to unwind so I could sleep. During these years, I existed on 5 to 6 hours of sleep at night and 1 to 2 hours of meditation (reading). I probably read 3 or 4 books most weeks. I pretty much read them, enjoyed them and then quickly moved on to the next one, never really invested in either the author or series.

Now that I’ve retired and have more free time, my reading patterns have greatly changed. I tend to invest a lot more time in series that have spanned over decades (and may take me months to read) and rather than picking up a quick two or three hour read opt for the humongous books that may be 500+ pages. But the other night once finishing a stand alone at around 11PM, I found myself looking for a quick read as I wasn’t nearly sleepy enough to go to bed. I had requested several Harlequins from Net Galley as several of their covers and blurbs reignited that thrill I’d get when I bought my monthly stash of romance books years ago. So for that reason you will probably see many more Harlequin romance reviews here.

No comments: