BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Wednesday, March 14, 2012

WELLLLL- WE'RE WAITING WEDNESDAY # 31






What's your WELLLL- WE'RE WAITING book for this week?





Title: Sweet Evil
Author: Wendy Higgins
Genre: YA
Paperback: 464  pages 
Publisher: HarperTeen  (May 1, 2012) 
ISBN-10: 0062085611


What if there were teens whose lives literally depended on being bad influences? This is life for sons and daughters of fallen angels in Sweet Evil.
Anna, a tender-hearted southern girl, was born with the sixth
sense to see and feel emotions of other people. She’s aware of
a struggle within herself, an inexplicable pull toward danger,
but it isn’t until she turns sixteen and meets the alluring
Kaidan Rowe that she discovers her terrifying heritage, and her
will-power is put to the test. He’s the boy your daddy warned
you about. If only someone had warned Anna.

A cross-country trip forces Anna and Kai to face the reality
that hope and love are not options for their kind. When it's
time for Anna to confront her demons, will she choose to embrace
her halo or her horns?




Title: The Immortal Rules
Author: Julie Kagawa
Genre: YA Paranormal
Hardback: 304  pages 
Publisher: HarperTeen  (Apr 24, 2012) 
ISBN-10: 0373210515 




You will kill. The only question is when.
In the dark days since the insidious Red Lung virus decimated the human population, vampires have risen to rule the crumbling cities and suburbs. Uncontested Princes hold sway over diminished ranks of humans: their "pets." In exchange for their labor, loyalty and of course, their blood, these pets are registered, given food and shelter, permitted to survive. 
Unregistered humans cling to fringes, scavenging for survival. Allison Sekemoto and her fellow Unregistereds are hunted, not only by vampires, but by rabids, the unholy result of Red Lung-infected vampires feeding on unwary humans. One night, Allie is attacked by a pack of rabids, saved by an unlikely hero...and turned vampire. 
Uncomfortable in her undead skin, Allie falls in with a ragtag crew of humans seeking a cure, or cures: for Rabidism and for Vampirism. She's passing for human...for now. But the hunger is growing and will not be denied. Not for friendship—not even for love.

7 comments:

Amanda @Stuck In YA Books said...

Super Excited for both of these books!! Great picks!!

http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/03/waiting-on-wednesday-35-insurgent.html

Unknown said...

Yes dying for both of those! I want Immortal Rules so bad! The tease at the end of Iron Knight was so good!
My WOW

Sophia Rose said...

I am definitely waiting for Immortal Rules. I like the beautiful gown on the cover of the other one.

Kali Skittles said...

God! I'm super excited for Immortal Rules. It sounds so good and I love her books.

Puie said...

I'm waiting to read Starters :D It sounds like a good book!

bas1chs said...

I'm excited for both of these books - I hate to hurry time, but I wish they were released already!

roro said...

i can't freaking wait 4 sweet evil