BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Wednesday, February 8, 2012

WELLLLL - WE'RE WAITING WEDNESDAY # 26





What's your WELLLL- WE'RE WAITING book for this week?





Title: Something Strange And Deadly
Author: Susan Dennard
Genre: YA
Hardback: 400  pages 
Publisher: HarperTeen  (July 24, 2012) 
ISBN-10: 0062083260


There’s something strange and deadly loose in Philadelphia…
Eleanor Fitt has a lot to worry about. Her brother has gone missing, her family has fallen on hard times, and her mother is determined to marry her off to any rich young man who walks by. But this is nothing compared to what she’s just read in the newspaper—
The Dead are rising in Philadelphia.
And then, in a frightening attack, a zombie delivers a letter to Eleanor…from her brother.
Whoever is controlling the Dead army has taken her brother as well. If Eleanor is going to find him, she’ll have to venture into the lab of the notorious Spirit-Hunters, who protect the city from supernatural forces. But as Eleanor spends more time with the Spirit-Hunters, including their maddeningly stubborn yet handsome inventor, Daniel, the situation becomes dire. And now, not only is her reputation on the line, but her very life may hang in the balance.




Title: The Hunt
Author: Andrew Fukuda
Genre: YA Paranormal
Hardback: 352 pages 
Publisher: Hyperion Books CH(May 15, 2012

ISBN-10: 1423134729


It's been three months since Alexis helplessly witnessed Lydia Small's violent death, and all she wants is for her life to return to normal.
But normal people don’t see decaying bodies haunting photographs. Normal people don’t have to deal with regular intrusions from Lydia’s angry ghost, sometimes escalating to terrifying attacks. 
At first, it seems that Lydia wants revenge on Alexis alone. But a girl from school disappears one night, and Alexis spots one of Lydia’s signature yellow roses lying on the girl’s dresser the next day. Soon, it becomes clear that several of Alexis’s friends are in danger, and that she's the only person who can save them. But as she tries to intervene, Alexis realizes that her enemy is a much more powerful ghost than she's ever faced before... and that its fate is tied to hers in ways she couldn't possibly imagine. 
Not even in her worst nightmares. 



3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm also waiting on Something Strange and Deadly. The Hunt is new to me but sounds like an exciting thriller.
My WOW

Amanda @Stuck In YA Books said...

Great pick! I really like the covers and the way it sounds!

http://lovesbooksreviews.blogspot.com/2012/02/waiting-on-wednesday-30.html

June M. said...

The book I am waiting on is Larissa Ione's LETHAL RIDER! I can't wit until it is released. Your choice does sound good though.
June