BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Wednesday, February 1, 2012

WELLLLL - WE'RE WAITING WEDNESDAY # 25









What's your WELLLL- WE'RE WAITING book for this week?




Title: The Borgia Mistress
Author: Sara Poole
Genre: Historical Thriller
Paperback: 416  pages 
Publisher: St Martin's Press  (May 22, 2012) 
ISBN-10: 031260985x


Mistress of death Francesca Giordano—court poisoner to the House of Borgia—returns to confront an ancient atrocity that threatens to extinguish the light of the Renaissance and plunge the world into eternal darkness. As the enemies of Pope Alexander VI close in and the papal court is forced to flee from Rome, Francesca joins forces with her lover, the brilliant and ruthless Cesare Borgia to unravel a conspiracy that strikes at the heart of Christendom. But when a shattering secret from her past imperils her precarious hold on sanity, only Francesca’s own courage and resolve can draw her back from the brink of madness to save all she values most."


Title: The Selection
Author: Kiera Cass
Genre: YA
Hardback: 352 pages 
Publisher: HarperTeen  (April  24 , 2012) 
ISBN-10: 0062059939





For thirty-five girls, the Selection is the chance of a lifetime. The opportunity to escape the life laid out for them since birth. To be swept up in a world of glittering gowns and priceless jewels. To live in the palace and compete for the heart of the gorgeous Prince Maxon. 
But for America Singer, being Selected is a nightmare. It means turning her back on her secret love with Aspen, who is a caste below her. Leaving her home to enter a fierce competition for a crown she doesn’t want. Living in a palace that is constantly threatened by violent rebel attacks. 
Then America meets Prince Maxon. Gradually, she starts to question all the plans she’s made for herself- and realizes that the life she’s always dreamed of may not compare to a future she never imagined.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm waiting on the Selection as well. The cover! The cover is so gorgeous and the synopis sounds really interesting as well.
My WOW

Lizzy Mackerville said...

Love Caddyshack! What a funny movie! I am waiting on lots of books right now. I am waiting for some books from the library that I can't wait for- like Wonderstruck. The Selection sounds fascinating!

~Jess
http://thesecretdmsfilesoffairdaymorrow.blogspot.com/