BOOKS AND BLOGGING PHILOSOPHY

Philosophy is defined as a theory underlying or regarding a sphere of activity or thought. Well, my theory is if I can add at least 10 new books to my Wishlist and move at least 5 older Wishlist selections to my TBR list every month, then life is a ice cream sundae. And if I can find those 10 books from at least 5 new blogs each month then that's the cherry on top.

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!

NEW VISITORS AND OLD- WELCOME!
Well, I've made it almost 5 years now, so for better or worse, I continue on. I tend to blog in spurts as the urge to be creative erupts. As I don't have an artistic bone in my body, you will see very few changes in the layouts. Hey, I'm a reader not an artist like so many of the awesome bloggers I follow. I know you don't always have the time but if you stopped and looked, take a half a minute and say your piece. Recommend a book that you have enjoyed or hated for that matter. Thank you to all who visit.
Oh, and I moved my Google Friend Connect info and share this buttons to the top, as without our friends, who are we?


Wednesday, February 22, 2012

PRIVATE BY JAMES PATTERSON


Title: Private
Author: James Patterson
Genre: Crime Drama
Rating: * * * 1/2
Publishers: Little, Brown and Co (6/28/10 )
Hardback: 400 pages
ISBN: 0316096156
FTC Disclosure: Paperbackswap


Former Marine and CIA agent Jack Morgan inherits his father's renowned security and detective business--along with a case load that tests him to the breaking point. Getting to the bottom of an NFL gambling scandal and an unsolved LAPD investigation into 18 school girl slayings would be enough. On top of all that, Morgan takes on solving the horrific murder of his best friend's wife.

As Morgan fights the urge to exact brutal revenge on that killer, he has to navigate a workplace imbroglio that could blow the roof off his elite agency. And it's an especially explosive situation . . . because the love affair is his own.



 While admittedly I've been a little disappointed in the last few Patterson books I've read and while this wasn't one of those that I rambled on and on about how great or how crappy it was to my friends, I did enjoy it. It was a good read just not awesome. It wasn't one of those that you read from start to finish in one seating but I did enjoy the fast paced action and the multiple cases going on,  though they did seem to wrap up rather effortlessly. Not much in the way of a twisted surprise ending either.  
I try not to  get hung up on the fact that it is a JAMES PATTERSON book but admittedly I  do enjoy his older Alex Cross books, that weren't co-authored much better. I've been wanting to read his Women's Murder Club series but as I loved the TV show and these are co-authored books, I thought I'd leave it till the show fades a bit more from my memory. Once reading a series I kinda have a picture in my mind of the characters and don't want to mess with the Lindsey Boxer image. Alex Cross will always be Morgan Freeman to me which probably ramps up the expectations on any of the books in this series.
That said, one thing about Patterson, he sells a hella of a lot of books, so I'll continue to pick them up used on a swap site rather than buying new at over $20 a pop. 
Series Info
Jack Morgan (with Maxine Paetro)
1. Private (2010)
2. Private: #1 Suspect (2012)

1 comment:

Mary Preston said...

It's been a while since I read any James Patterson. PRIVATE does look like a great read.